[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could someone enlighten me? I'm trying to recreate this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4
File: HINT.jpg (89 KB, 859x486) Image search: [Google]
HINT.jpg
89 KB, 859x486
Could someone enlighten me?
I'm trying to recreate this effect.

As you can see, there seems to be a square matrix over the camera feed that alters exposure, blur, etc.

I was thinking about making a matrix in photoshop, filling different squares with different tones of grey and using that as a mask in after effects.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (2 MB, 1716x1150) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
2 MB, 1716x1150
>>267585
>>
File: 1406651825010.png (102 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1406651825010.png
102 KB, 320x320
>>267626
>>
>>267626
how did you do the green/red dropshadow "TV" effect on the text? You have an effect for that or did it manually?
>>
File: greytiles.jpg (811 KB, 4000x2406) Image search: [Google]
greytiles.jpg
811 KB, 4000x2406
>>267628
In your layer pallet go to the 'channels' tab, select everything (ctrl+a) then with the move tool selected (v) click on red channel, press left on the keyboard, click on the green, press right, click on the blue, press up. the further you move the channels the stronger the effect will be. It's called 'Chromatic Aberration' for future reference.

As for the other stuff in the picture, mostly just layer effects, I found a grid and some "random grey squares" from google (picture related) layered them on top of the forest picture and then set the layer style to linear dodge for the squares (just play around with which one you like best) and multiply for the grid, then lowered the opacity to like 25%. To get the bulging TV effect on the grid just hit Transform (ctrl+t) and then up the top hit the "switch between free transform and warp" button (on the right, looks like a little grid arch) and then go over to the left with the drop down menu, change it from custom to inflate, I used about 10 'bend'

Other than that I didn't do much, messed with the levels, contrast etc of the forest to make it look more grey and old TV like, but that's about it, if you really want to make it look like a TV before you do the inflate transform you could probably add some 'scan lines' the same way the grid was added.
>>
>>267634
not OP but thanks for answering my question re. the text, looks great good job.
>>
Damn dude, OP here.

You are GREAT.

I hope you get a blowie this weekend.
>>
>>267634
Not OP but thank you for responding, I've been looking for some time now how to do that effect.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.