[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was looking for a tattoo, I want it to be a tribal like one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: shark.jpg (21 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
shark.jpg
21 KB, 380x380
I was looking for a tattoo, I want it to be a tribal like one with sharks or bears; my idea was doing something like a face of a bear using simple sharks drawings like the one i posted, if anyone of you is creative, can you try to make something like that?
>>
>>> worldstarhiphop
>>
>>267155
No, no to getting a tattoo like that, no to designing for you, n o
>>
>>267158
I just wanted an idea from where to start
>>
>>267159
No what you want is to go to /wsr/
>>
>>267155
don't get a fucking tribal tattoo, they're atrocious.
>>
>>267155
>>I want it to be a tribal

kys
>>
File: 124435hger5.jpg (48 KB, 500x511) Image search: [Google]
124435hger5.jpg
48 KB, 500x511
"tribal" designs are usually poor facsimiles of indigenous design, if you really want one go to a tattoo artist that specializes in Maori, Samoan, Hawaiian, Coast Salish, etc design and ask them to design something in the vein you want, AFTER you research why you want that style, what it means, and if it's appropriate for someone not raised in that culture to wear it.

Fake "tribal" shit is generic and is associated with a certain type of person - that person is either a meathead idiot or they're not and they regret the tattoo. It's like getting a Chinese symbol without caring if the strokes are correct, anyone who can read it is going to laugh. A lot of legit indigenous design is beautiful and totally acceptable to be shared w/ outsiders, but a lot of it is not meant to be worn as decoration and you're going to look like a shallow fool if you do it anyways. That's why it's frowned upon and discouraged entirely - it's either white trash shit or completely clueless, but it doesn't have to be. Hope that's a good starting point. The easiest option is to accept it's not for you if you can't identify the meaning of anything in the design you want.

example pic related: those shapes all have specific meanings in their contexts and if you pull them out of a grab-bag you're gonna look like a twat. whether u care or not is your choice
>>
File: gddgd.jpg (145 KB, 546x550) Image search: [Google]
gddgd.jpg
145 KB, 546x550
>>
>>267307
loled, good find.
>>
File: unilever-logo.jpg (60 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
unilever-logo.jpg
60 KB, 500x500
You mean like this?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.