[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yearbook cover
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: HS YB Cover low res.jpg (1 MB, 1684x1064) Image search: [Google]
HS YB Cover low res.jpg
1 MB, 1684x1064
I'm a senior, and designed this yearbook cover for my school, any suggestion or comment?
>>
>>267112
Idk about that font man
>>
>>267112
i think the extra lines on the font aren't necessary but keep the scribbly offset. It looks great though.
>>
This looks fantastic, besides the choice of font as others have said, especially so on the spine.

If you don't mind my asking, how exactly did you get that beautiful paint/sketch aesthetic, besides the obvious stuff like Warp? Was it all done by hand, or was there some kind of layering/filtering going on?
>>
>>267122
not OP but it looks like a mix of filters, high-pass or gentle emboss overlays, a watercolour paper texture, and a bit of manual scribbly tracing around contour lines.

OP it's a very nice illustration but the type is ugly. But let's be real, it's better than any shite I would have made in high school - it's common for high school "design" to be overladen with fancy gimmicks for the sake of it. Keep the type on the back a neon teal, looks great with the painting, but give it some subtle outlining so it stays legible. When it's printed and not backlit by a screen, it will disappear on the left side against that red unless your school is dishing out for fancy spot colours on the text. Choose between the cool powder blue and the teal blue, they're nice separately but ugly together. Maybe try a red or orange like in the bottom left, or even white.

The cutesy font on the back is cheesy and won't age well, go with something like you used for the years. And don't introduce an entirely new font on the spine for the "High School 2015 - 2016" - try for 2 max on the whole design, plus the display font on the front since that's almost hand-drawn lookin. Shame that your school's logo is italic, it's hard to place text near it imo. Good job though
>>
I'm seeing lots of colors that won't print, is it a concept piece or will it actually be used?
>>
I suggest reducing the amount of fonts used. Looks a little chaotic on the bottom side section. Good luck
>>
would have been passable if you didn't use that shit filter everywhere
>>
It looks good now, and I think all you need to do to make it great is consolidate your font choices on the spine and back of the book. It doesn't quite fit the design of the rest of the book. The front cover is excellent and I think "The Future is Ours" works perfectly how you have it.
>>
File: dl.png (10 KB, 926x581) Image search: [Google]
dl.png
10 KB, 926x581
>>267112
>>
>>267112
Use the back graphic (2015 2016 in the circle) and the background, and use it as the front graphic.

scrap what you currently have as the front. it's too illustrative and cheesy.

on the back:
scale down the type and increase the weight. i'm assuming thats either 'regular' or 'book'. Try medium or bold.

you do not need any special graphic for the back, other then the background that flows from the front. keep it simple.

the spine:

the type should match what is being used on the back.
>>
>>267112
the two blues you have as font color choices on the back-cover text don't go together very well
>>
>>267112
More cow bells
>>
www,ais.edu.vn

that address won't work.
>>
>>267496
I thought it was good as is, but this is insightful and good advice.
>>
>>267496
Getting rid of the illustration makes it boring. Bleh. Bad advice. The type advice is pretty good though.
>>
>>267112
the arm looks like a noose with a hanging corps at front glance
>>
holy shit nice use of colour dude! if anything ask the students. They are the ones getting it right? i personally love it.
>>
>>267112
Reduce the squiggly line effect in these places:
>The bottom right of the circle surrounding 2015 2016. its too much.
>the AIS logo
>Jupiter

then it will be gold. Good work.
>>
hey another poor soul who had to suffer through IB
>>
>>267112
how did you make that watercolor circle?
>>
>>267112
looks rad and memorable
>>
I'd scale down the text on the back it doesn't have to be that big

Pretty nice imho
>>
>>267152
(You)
>>
>>267112
OP I just wanted to say that I seriously love it. 10/10
>>
>>267112
Over designed
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.