[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I improve my logo?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 12
File: Prot.png (210 KB, 2008x2008) Image search: [Google]
Prot.png
210 KB, 2008x2008
Hi /gd/!
I'm trying to improve my logo for my News channel on YouTube.
The mascot of the show is a Wolf, and the "AE" are the initials of the program,
Can you guys give me advice or critique?
>>
>>265910
generic, bland, nothing about it is standing out to me. wolf doesn't need to be there and is pretty distracting, makes the logo too busy. start from scratch, because if you remove the wolf alone then you just have the A&E logo without the &

Why a wolf, by the way?
>>
File: L_Lobo_02.png (222 KB, 2008x2008) Image search: [Google]
L_Lobo_02.png
222 KB, 2008x2008
>>265916
>because if you remove the wolf alone then you just have the A&E logo
I know, that's what I want to avoid.

>Why a wolf, by the way?
The name of the show is 'The Howl Express' or in spanish "El Aullido Express"

This is the old logo
>>
>>265919
why are you changing the logo?
>>
>>265920
I want it to be more news oriented, easy to recognize and simple. I feel I just created a pretty image but is not a logo.
>>
>>265919
...Why not make it just a close up for the howling wolf and a hint of the Angel at the back?

Thats a good concept that just needs refining.
>>
>>265922
The new direction is no more news oriented than the old one. Neither one is a particularly strong mark. You shouldn't be so literal. Drop the wolf all together and think what your company stands for rather than a literal interpretation of the name. Brainstorm. Draw up some words that you want to be associated with your show. Neither one of these serve the function of an easy to recognize mark, and the wolf head in the OP (all 3 iterations) prevents it from being simple.
>>
File: AE-logo[1].jpg (20 KB, 670x377) Image search: [Google]
AE-logo[1].jpg
20 KB, 670x377
>>265910
>>
>>266019
You do realize there are many logos that have the "AE" on them right?
>>
>>266040
Actually I don't
>>
>>266055
You can type in any 2 letter combination into google images along with the word 'logo' and you will get thousands of examples of real and made up logos. just because it has the same letters as another company doesn't mean jack.
>>
>>266117
Don't bump on this board unless it's been a week.
>>
>>265910
I really like No.3 I actually think it's quite a nice logo.
>>
File: L_Lobo_04.png (66 KB, 2008x2008) Image search: [Google]
L_Lobo_04.png
66 KB, 2008x2008
>>266152
Thank you, yeah all my friends liked that concept.
I made this new version, what do you guys think?
>>
File: Joshua_M._Smith-4_128.jpg (208 KB, 580x770) Image search: [Google]
Joshua_M._Smith-4_128.jpg
208 KB, 580x770
>>266177
in the beginning stages of starting a logo concept its recommended to only use black & white. those logos you posted not only wouldn't work on black and white but the proportion for the type are wrong (the type is way too big compared to the illustration and the wolf mouth is really weird eg. only two fangs? that along with his hair which is all mess up b.t.w. makes it look very amateur-ish also the colors choise are horrendous)
>>
File: ty4o9.png (9 KB, 591x464) Image search: [Google]
ty4o9.png
9 KB, 591x464
>>266177
I feel like it'd work better like this, also lined up the A and E horizontal line
However I think if you find a good way to simplify the wolf even more it'd do some good
>>
>>266258
reads as AF
>>
>>266258
You may want to experiment out more designs.
>>
File: L_Lobo_08.png (52 KB, 2008x2008) Image search: [Google]
L_Lobo_08.png
52 KB, 2008x2008
>>266183
>>266258
>>266336
Thanks for the advice
I made the Wolf more "minimalistic" and I took your idea for the "AE"

What do you guys think?
>>
>>266337
Its... a bit stiff. It could use some curving on the fur or something that doesn't make it seem like you filled a polygonal lasso tool.
>>
>>266337
it looks better and more visually easier to read, but try out some different styles with the A E.
>>
File: L_Lobo_09.png (58 KB, 1704x1672) Image search: [Google]
L_Lobo_09.png
58 KB, 1704x1672
>>266341
I decided to change the colors to white and red, and change the bottom part of the "A" so the "E" doesn't look like an "F"

>>266338
I'm still working on that
>>
The problem is the wolf, it doesn't look serious...
>>
File: 083.png (125 KB, 760x1900) Image search: [Google]
083.png
125 KB, 760x1900
not op but here's a version i made for fun in an hour (it probably would look a lot better if i spend a week or more on it)
>>
>>267270
>college sport team logo for a Youtube news channel

Why not…
>>
Try doing common names and personalizing what they may be like. ie for

Kacie
Kelsey
Destiny
Harley
Ashley
Brianna
Shelbey
Lauren
Christine
Hailey
Alexis
Katie
Meagan
Kelly
Nicole
Melony
>>
>>267270
I love your wolf designs, especially the second one, the red one and the letters are great but i feel are more sport oriented. Do you mind If I use your second design?

>>267271
>Youtube news channel
Well is not a super serious channel, is mostly week review and commentary, and the target audience is 16-28 years old.
>>
>>267271
I've seen some youtube channel logos that wish they could aspire to college sports team tier.
>>
>>267324
go ahead i have the vector file if needed.
>>267338
also it could be modified into something like pic related to make it less sportsy.
>>
>>265910
Keep the letters out of the wolf, and maybe stop using the colours of the third reich. Those colors are always automatically associated with "bad" or edgy.
>>
>>267346
>go ahead i have the vector file if needed.
That would be much appreciated, thank you. Please post the others too.

>also it could be modified into something like pic related
I'm not sure if a star form would work but the wolf looking up front might work.

Also, thank you for your time doing this.
>>
>>267432
>>267346
You know what? Now that I think of it, I think the second logo could work without the "AE" initials.
>>
>>267432
https://u.teknik.io/qD9uc.ai

>I'm not sure if a star form would work but the wolf looking up front might work.
nobody says anything about an star i was thinking more like a less sportsy mascot.
>>
>>265910
lose the wolf
>>
>>267469
Thanks a lot.

>i was thinking more like a less sportsy mascot.
Sure, let's try something different.
>>
File: finished-icon-red-300x300.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
finished-icon-red-300x300.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
>>267508
The wolf is the mascot of the show, but I after thinking about it for a while, I just can't see how to make it work with the initials and the wolf, so I think just the wolf alone will do. Maybe playing with other elements of the program like a microphone or headphones like pic related.

Is a radio/podcast themed program after all.
>>
>>267546
this
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.