[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: as.jpg (13 KB, 540x403) Image search: [Google]
as.jpg
13 KB, 540x403
What do you guys think?
>>
>>265856
Terrible
>>
>>265878
How can I improve? It's for an anime site.
>>
>>265882

That double-headed dildo going through the AS needs to change. Looks aside it adds nothing to the image that says "ANIME". The font is boring and looks childlike.

The logo needs to make someone go on first glance "hey this logo is for anime site!"
>>
>>265882
Make it so it has anything to do with anime...like anything at all. I don't get 'anime' from that logo at all. Get rid of those gradients, they look terrible, orange and black can look good together but not when faded like that.
>>
Dont listen to them OP.

I mean the logo is shit, for sure, but you don't need to explicitly spell out ANIME SITE in the logo. Pic related (just to prove my point, not for you to copy)
>>
>>265882

whats the name of the website?

If you can rename it, I'd recommend picking more visual words, just for the sake of making it easier to design a logo for.
>>
I'd like to see your rationale. If you don't have one (which I assume you don't since you're obviously new) just answer these questions:

>Why did you pick that font?

>Why did you use that stroke?

>Why the intertwined line? why does it go behind the S rather than intertwining with it?

>Why the circles on the ends?

>Why the slight rotation?

>Why the orange?

>Why the gradient?

>Why the murky brown color the orange fades into?

>Why present it on the shit brown color you used to present it? (background)

Etc, etc, etc. Everything should have a reason to be there.
>>
>>265887
>>265940
I think he meant that everything in design should serve some purpose, have some meaning.

This line doesn't have any meaning at all. It looks like a line graph—it might be good for some office tool, but what does this logo have to do with anime? Doesn't help that it looks like those first time GIMP works people make.

Crunchyroll's logo looks like an anime-style eye. See, this is already something to work with. Maybe add katakana letters to the logo? Or somehow incorporate other stereotypical anime stuff into it. Spiky hair, giant robots, loli, etc.

But I agree with >>265981 —why so much orange/brown?

Give the name of the site. If I have time and mood, I will put up something
>>
>>265940
>doesn't have to spell out ANIME SITE
>Crunchyroll logo is an anime eye
>uses it as an example to prove his point

uhhh...
>>
>>266068
I couldn't tell it was an anime eye until just now when I read you say so. It's pretty abstracted.
>>
>>266072
Dude...come on.
>>
>>266074
Yeah I couldn't either. Normal people wouldn't really peg it as an "amine eye". Fuckin weebs
>>
>>266076
Then the logo isn't directed at you is it? Do you know what a demographic is?
>>
>>265856
please for the love of god never save shit as jpg unless it's in high quality because you're planning on printing it. save it as png if it's for web (and since you're posting it here yes, it is for web).
>>
>>266076
Lol, why did you think they had that weird circle as a logo?

Actually, as for their name, I have no idea what crunchy roll has to do with anime.
>>
>>265882
does it stand for "anime site"?
>>
>>266068
>>266074
i didnt know either.
>>266088
id assume it's just a free domain that they got for cheap when they started.
>>
Initial Impression: it's an S fisting an A
>>
>>265981
I'd love to see OP's answer to any one of these questions. I just don't understand a single decision made here.
>>
>>266088
i thought it was an abstract logo, like a lot of logos are.
>>
>>266088
maybe its a node to some animu food item or something
>>
looks like the word ASS except you misspelled it, and the loop thing going through it reminds me of a double headed dildo if that tells you what I think of it.
>>
File: Ass.png (177 KB, 540x403) Image search: [Google]
Ass.png
177 KB, 540x403
Nobody made it say ASS yet?

Meh.
>>
>>267673
At least THIS one has a reason for that double headed dildo thing going through it.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.