[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1458052443679.png (9 KB, 558x565) Image search: [Google]
1458052443679.png
9 KB, 558x565
Just got my first real freelance gig. Client's style guide specifies two fonts I need, but they cost $$.

Should the client provide the font?
>>
Yes.
>>
>>262823
You add any expenditure into the fee you're charging them. Much like a mechanic charges for the the parts that need replacing in your car, a designer charges for any fonts, stock images or other resources that cost money to complete their design (with the exception to the programs you use, much like in the first example I gave, you don't pay for the mechanics tools, just the parts)
>>
>>262827
Helpful advice, thanks anon.
>>
>>262823

what
>>262827
said

but if it's something they already have within their brand, shouldn't they provide you with the fonts?
You shouldn't even need to buy the fonts (to anyone's expense) amirite?
>>
>>262847
That depends on the licence and who the licence is for.

If they buy the licence in their name you can't keep it, if you buy the licence they'll have to buy their own copy if they intend to us it in any in-house work.

Easiest way is to read the licence terms on these fonts, if in doubt email the supplier.
>>
>>262847
You can't give out fonts like candy, legally.
>>
>>262823
Your picture reminds me of a sad Pepe.
>yfw you have to buy the fonts.
>>
>>262894
m2
>>
if its in their guide the designer who made it for the def has the font, in the meantime just torrent the font
>>
>>262894
It is abstract sad pepe
>>
>>262823
>Reply

Hustler is my Client and they have a bunch of fonts that are from $50 to $100. Now These fonts are from 3rd party sites like myfonts.com. Hustler Has all the PSD, EPS and font assets and they can just simply send me the assets that are in the style guide.

Welp. Got and email yesterday and they told me they will not because they apparently don't give out assets to anyone. Which is total bullshit! How the fuck am I supposed to go along with their theme if they don't give me the assets?

Seriously. What the fuck was the point in giving me the style guide if you're not gonna give me the assets?
>>
>>263015
Lmao, that's pretty fucked up of them. But why don't you just do what >>262827 said and put it in the fees? Now they can't really complain.
>>
>>263015
Get them on the phone and talk to them. Explain it needs to be licences and the implications of not clearing the licences for the fonts.

You'd be surprised how clueless clients can be about this shit.
>>
>>263021

Not only Fonts, but HUSTLER won't give me the EPS and PSD files of the patterns they have. I need those to work with their theme based on their style guide. I was able to extract their logos since their pdf is a secret AI file.
>>
>>263024

Well good luck with that, they look like assholes
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.