[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone know of any good resources on motion? Easy eases
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 10
File: spidey.webm (73 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
spidey.webm
73 KB, 500x500
Does anyone know of any good resources on motion? Easy eases and the like. Something like the Material Design guidelines on animation.
>>
File: mrgasexp.webm (99 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
mrgasexp.webm
99 KB, 500x400
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: Sachinteng-8425.gif (911 KB, 417x500) Image search: [Google]
Sachinteng-8425.gif
911 KB, 417x500
>>261424
there's usually an animation thread on /ic/ and also the books thread with lots of resources. but it depends of what you want to achieve i prefer 3d animation/modeling because of the flexibility it provides.

>http://www.animatorisland.com/why-2d-animation-should-be-abandoned-part-1/
>>
File: curves.gif (539 KB, 920x456) Image search: [Google]
curves.gif
539 KB, 920x456
check out mt.mograph on youtube for general motion design.
bumping with curves
>>
>>261443
I'll check out the thread on /ic/, thanks. 3D sounds too time intensive for my conditions though.

>>261445
That's a great chart and Mograph looks like what I'm looking for, thanks.
>>
File: img.jpg (167 KB, 1296x972) Image search: [Google]
img.jpg
167 KB, 1296x972
>>261426
>>261428
>>261429
>>261430
None of these respect basic animation principles.
Take a look at these books
>The animator's survival kit
>Timing for animation
>Preston Blair's Cartoon animation
you can find them in google by adding "pdf" to your search. 4chan thinks I'm spamming if I paste the links.

>>261443
>/why-2d-animation-should-be-abandoned-part-1/
This is bullshit.
>>
File: mrgas.png (22 KB, 1000x650) Image search: [Google]
mrgas.png
22 KB, 1000x650
>>261523
I'll look into the books for general artistic education purposes, but I don't think they'll have what I need. I'm looking for general principles and specific instructions on "delightfully" animating (usually) abstract shapes so I could present my GD work more creatively.
>>
>>261527
Regardless of the traditional animation aspect of those books, they cover the basic principles such as anticipation, lines of action and a big etc. Good theory for making motion graphics.

>specific instructions
Using the pic posted by this anon >>261445 in AfterEffects graph editor should give you the results you are looking for.
>>
>>261531
Great, the principles are what I need, thanks.

The picture really is invaluable.
>>
>>261534
In general, in aftereffects you want to use the following shortcuts (unless you are going for the graph editor):
>ctrl+shift+f9 for the first keyframe
>shift+f9 for the last keyframe
>if you want a keyframe in the middle to easy in out (like those ball examples if the ball didn't froze mid-air) f9
>if you want a middle keyframe to roll smoothly without easy in out, ctrl+click on it till it turns into a circle.
>>
>>261424
I know a cool little plugin for after effects, It's called ease and wizz
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.