[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Newb Help Pls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: gawddasmn.png (419 KB, 890x499) Image search: [Google]
gawddasmn.png
419 KB, 890x499
Hi guys,

I have a problem. I am new to graphic design, and generally any kind of image editing, so I might not know specific terms. I have a couple of images I was working on in paint.net, and I moved parts(selections) of the image, which would in turn move the selection, but also leave a checkered space where the image used to be. I was fine with this, and I thought it looked pretty cool in context with my image. When I exported the image from paint.net, I was able to view it in my windows photo viewer, but the checkered spaces where black. I was fine with that too, until I opened it up in a different photo viewer. Instead of being black, the spaces were now white. I had designed the image with the thought in mind that the spaces would be black. Now they were white, and the image looked like crap. So my question for you guys is:

Is there a way that I can convert these checkered/black/white spaces into universally black?

I tried to be as concise and clear as possible.
Please help.

BTW, pic related is/should be predominately black. I do have some white spaces in the pic, but that was intentional, and not a result of any selection moving.
>>
>>261397
UPDATE

Viewing the picture through firefox on 4tune, the checkered spaces are completely see through, at least for me. This should make it easier to see which spaces I am talking about.
>>
File: gingerbread.png (347 KB, 814x461) Image search: [Google]
gingerbread.png
347 KB, 814x461
>>261398
another example
>>
Save it as a .png
The checkered area means it's transparant. But not all file(like .jpg) can view this.

If you however do want a checkered patern, google a pic and just place it in a layer under ur current one .
>>
>>261422
ty, it worked.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.