[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Implementing glui for opengl on Ubuntu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: GLUI OpenGl Ubuntu.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
GLUI OpenGl Ubuntu.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
Hey guys,
I'm trying to figure out how to add GLUI to my opengl project. I tried to install it thru apt-get but the packages are not available. I've downloaded a zip file which contains the headers and the sources files but I dont know where to copy the source, and which line to type to compile the whole whole stuff.I am working on other projects and this GLUI stuff is time consuming, some guidance or help would be appreciated, thanks.
>>
>>261109
>>>/g/
>>
>>261109
>unity
you dont copy the source code you need to compile it. you need to install the build-essential package. if you dont want to mess with compiling source code you can just install an arch based distro such as manjaro and its mos likely on the AUR
>>
why would you use GLUI, it's old and ugly as fuck. Probably uses only legacy OpenGL, and it requires GLUT (yuck.)

Look into some of the modern alternatives; turbobadger, nanovg, maybe kiui.

If you need something significantly more complex, you can embed an opengl context into QtQuick and vice-versa.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.