[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
teach me how to into screenprinting. I want to apply a white
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: screenprinting.jpg (102 KB, 646x431) Image search: [Google]
screenprinting.jpg
102 KB, 646x431
teach me how to into screenprinting. I want to apply a white design onto black paperboard and I assume screenprinting is the best option for that
>>
File: tumblr_ncpcisqkI41rtynt1o8_1280.jpg (109 KB, 831x390) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ncpcisqkI41rtynt1o8_1280.jpg
109 KB, 831x390
>>261108
you won't be spoonfed
use the fucking archive
https://fgts.jp/gd/thread/246454/
>>
get screen
burn image onto it
put on board
put board on desired shirt/paper
put paint and slide
take off board
then gtfo and watch a tutorial
>>
>>261121
>paint

It's ink.
>>
>>261122
>Saying you can't paint with ink
>Pulling at strings
>>
>>261136
Not to mention you can use an acrylic paint as a cheap alternative to oil based inks as long as you mix the acrylic paint with a lot of thinning solution (which I can't remember the name of right now).
>>
>>261141

That's all well and good for a manual 1 shot analog machine.
But reality is that a serious screen printer is selling volume, using machines set up for specific inks, on these automated systems you can't just slap in acrylics,
>>
>>261122

Most people use regular acrylic paint mixed with printing medium

Professional screen printer here btw
>>
>>261108

Find a litho prep house and have them make a photostat for you.
>>
How many copies do you need? If its a one off run I'd just call a local indie screenprinters and have them do the work for you.
>>
If you want to screenprint in large quantities you will need...

-a press you can clamp a screen onto. you want it to have a tight hinge so your prints line up with any registration marks you might be using. one color prints dont really need registration marks. but its good practice to use them.

-an emulsion that is compatible with your ink.
some emulsions will break down with water based inks. this is bad and will cause problems. make sure your emulsion is compatible with your inks.

-separations printer/hand drawn separations. I use a transparent film that has a coating on one side that allows for printing. I dan draw on the film as well.

-a vacuum sealed light table. you can make shift one if you need to. you will need some very bright lights and some sort of glass table.

-squeegee and inks

thats kindof a basic setup to get you started. if you dont know much about registration marks and printing multi color prints you should research it a bit. in short you want a little crosshair mark on every color separation. the crosshair should be in the same place on each separation. line up the marks and print your colors.
>>
>>261152
Yeah which is basically what OP is talking about, something short-run.

>>261166
>>261141
>thinning solution (which I can't remember the name of right now).
Printing medium, thats what its called
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.