[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
some criticism or ideas please
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: kunst_im_käfig.png (86 KB, 620x706) Image search: [Google]
kunst_im_käfig.png
86 KB, 620x706
I am making a logo for a project to visually represent it. We are building a cage and making art in it for 7 days.
This is my first attempt, it reads "KUNST IM KÄFIG" in the bars.

Things I already know about:
It is supposed to be hard to read.
The logo doesn't have to work in monochromatic.
Some of you hate gradients, so do I most of the time, but I think it works in this case.

thanks guys
>>
File: 01011010.jpg (8 KB, 340x270) Image search: [Google]
01011010.jpg
8 KB, 340x270
>>260395
i think there's a rule somewhere about not using the text inside of the logo. anyways here's some ideas:

- make the lines thinner on top
- add the little circle on top so it would look more like a cage (is it a cage right?)
- don't use color until you have finish (it helps seeing the balance/negative spaces)
- the font doesn't help
>>
>>260396
thanks
>the font doesn't help
how doesn't it help and for what?
>>
>>260395

Why is it meant to be hard to read?
>>
>>260400
because it will be a project in a pedestrian zone, the cage mainly is for security because we are going to use heavy machinery in there, but it is the concep too. We want the people to look beyond the cage, and see what is really there, not only an obstacle, but art.
thats the reason why not anyone should be allowed to read it, only if you show interest.
>>
>>260402
That is an interesting idea but your approach is not so good. You are better off with an rendering of a cage with a double meaning with the text outside. You want people to see a name and not have it obscured.
>>
>>260395
It's a really great start OP but your concept is too convoluted, and at the end you are coming up with something that doesn't work in a graphic design sense. I think you are close though, I actually think the font and the colors are quite good, as well as the integration but I think you should start looking at as a piece of graphic design that is meant to get something across now that you have made a good string of creative choices.
I would have a solution myself but not rly feel doing other people's work.
>>
>>261160
>>261193
tanks for the input
>I would have a solution myself but not rly feel doing other people's work.
i understand and respect that
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.