[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Made this today. Opinions? It's fan art for one of my favorite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
Made this today. Opinions?

It's fan art for one of my favorite artists Soulero,
it's a fake track name, and I made the 3D logo in Cinema 4D, and did all the photo manipulation in Photoshop.
>>
It's ugly, there a visible variations in image resolution, you have a terrible understanding of visual communication, there are little to no redeeming qualities, anything you could have done right you did not. This is as far from professional as something can get.
>>
>>260164
I appreciate the criticism, but can you do better?
>>
>>260166
Your oder of operations is wrong, it's almost impossible what to tell this is for.

You are raping multiple art styles together in an unappealing and visually uncomfortable way. You are not respecting or acknowledging basic fundamentals like negative space.

The tone of the piece lacks contrasting gravity, my eye is not drawn anywhere.

And beyond all that, it's simply ugly and unprofessional, anyone with a few years of professional design will look at this and laugh.

Better?
>>
>>260167
So your eye isn't drawn to the massive white object in the middle of the photo that stands out from the mostly grey background? Are you blind? Also, you did not answer my question, can you do better? Why don't you show me some logos you made in MS Paint?
>>
>>260169

The death cry of a heartbroken amateur, I'm not going to argue with a pig, try to listen more in the future, good luck.
>>
>>260171
I'm not heartbroken, I'd just really like to see something to back up your criticism. Right now you're more or less just someone on the internet with an opinion. If you can back it up with fact and prove that you're no amateur yourself, then I'll take your criticism to heart.
>>
Fuck the guy who is giving you shit he's either an idiot or trolling. I do really like this but I'd suggest adding a bit of noise to the 3D object so it blends with the scene better (i.e. looks like it's really there) as well as adding the object's reflection in the water.
>>
>>260174
The object does have a reflection in the water and I didn't realize but this is an older version of it. I do have a more recent version, but it's on the PC I made it on. I'm on my laptop in bed right now, and I got the older version off of a skype conversation. In the newest one, the photo is reflecting off of the 3D object and the reflection is a bit more clear.
>>
>>260174
>>260175

Jesus christ...
>>
>>260175
I now see the reflection in the water but it doesn't look like it's placed right, if that makes sense. See how the rocks reflect, shouldn't it be like that?
>>
>>260178
fuck
>>
>>260163
I like the way it looks, bit unoriginal considering 70% of EDM album art is some sort of low poly shit.

Since youre going for a realistic approach, the black outline seems to be glossy, if its supposed to be it should also reflect the tree line on the left.
>>
>>260169
look man add something like an iris blur to the background and that I'll make it draw the eye better.
>>
>>260172
he gave you some good points.
source: own experience

if you can't handle it, don't ask for critic.
stop defending it, get lost of the maternity protection.
>>
File: 1444505365499.jpg (26 KB, 275x280) Image search: [Google]
1444505365499.jpg
26 KB, 275x280
>>260172
>asks for criticism
>expects "WOW OP UR A FUCKING MASTER GRAPHIC DESIGNER CAN I SUCK UR DICK"
>gets criticism
>"b-but ur not criticizing ur just blind u have nothing backing ur criticism up ur just mean"
>>
>>260352
Lmao
>>
>>260169
>So your eye isn't drawn to the massive white object in the middle of the photo that stands out from the mostly grey background?

Dude take a fucking color theory class. You'll know the answer to this question really quick
>>
>>260352
there you go OP.
>>
>that "reflection"
its not in the right direction for a reflection and not in the right direction for a shadow
its just fucked up

the overall piece is just completely uninteresting (really not good for a cover) and lacks basic understanding of design principles...i think that is what everyone is trying to say
>>
>>260352
So much this
>>
>>260166
>>260169
>Can you do better?

This is so fucking retarded, it's not about if he can do better it's about him telling you what's wrong with your work and you should take that instead of getting defensive and trying to attack him.

This does look tacky and unprofessional along with what the fuck is it, is it to do with music or what because i can't tell.

Not eye catching at all, yes there is a big fucking triangle in the middle but when there are no colours it doesn't matter, sometimes greyscale is nice and works but don't try to pull it off with, what looks like, no experience.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.