[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Having issues with Adobe Illustrator. I'm on a Lenovo Edge
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
Having issues with Adobe Illustrator. I'm on a Lenovo Edge 2 core i7. I will be working in Illustrator for about ten minutes and it slowly starts to lag more and more and eventually the program freezes and I can't click on anything. I have to end the task every time and restart it. I notice while in the Task Manager that it's using an incredible amount of memory, but nothing that is a strain on my computer. Anyone else have this problem? I have Adobe CC and no other program does this to me. And I use InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Animate, Dreamweaver, Muse, Lightroom, After Effects and even Audition fairly regularly. Any help is appreciated!
>>
>>259868
https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/optimize-illustrator-performance-windows.html
>>
>>259894
>https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/optimize-illustrator-performance-windows.html
thanks dude bout to see if this helps
>>
No luck it's still fucking up
>>
I had the same problem. I'm on a quad-core xeon desktop. I've looked for an answer for a week and tried nearly everything I could find to no avail. I uninstalled adobe cc and went back to cs6. No regrets here.

There are a few things you can try to do to improve performance on illustrator cc. Illustrator cc has an autosave feature that is enabled by default. Turn that off. Also, disable the option that uses videocard rendering/acceleration if it's not already disabled. Check the options for the scratchdisk as well. Make sure it's set up the way you want it. I did all of those things and it was still slow for me.

There were a couple things I didn't try that were suggested though. It seems that some of the new plugins also contribute to memory usuage, specifically the plugin that allows you to click and drag to round a square corner. The workaround for this is that you have to make a folder on your drive somewhere and move the plugin from its original location to the new folder. Then you load the plugin from that folder when, and only when, you need it. There may be some other new plugins that you may have to do that to as well. For me, removing those plugins and loading them only when I needed them from a separate folder kind of defeated the purpose of upgrading. I think there are some other features you might need to turn off as well like the pen-tool animations. At that point, you might as well go back to cs6. That's my 2 cents.
>>
Try lowering the maximum undo count. The default I think is 200 and that may be too high.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.