[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Portfolio thread. Post the website of your work, Bēhance o
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: download.png (142 KB, 899x929) Image search: [Google]
download.png
142 KB, 899x929
Portfolio thread.

Post the website of your work, Bēhance or Dribbble profile, whatever.

Give constructive criticism, appreciation or take a part in the regular passive aggressive /gd/ discourse.

This one is mine:
http://andis.work

Trying to break through (get a job) as an entry-level web designer / developer / graphic designer, so I made a bunch of static web page templates to show off my skills.
>>
>>259023

I would change the tone of green you're using
Right now it doesn't meet WCAG2 standards for legible contrast

Try a darker shade of green
>>
File: 2827.png (3 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
2827.png
3 KB, 900x600
>>259032
I appreciate your consideration. It's true, shade of the accent color I've chosen doesn't fully satisfy me whenever I look over the page and you gave me a good technical explanation why it could be so.

At the same time I want just that right bright cyan-green color value cuz it looks so fresh imo. I'm a little afraid that a darker tone would look too dull.
>>
File: Spark.png (492 KB, 1024x600) Image search: [Google]
Spark.png
492 KB, 1024x600
Wow, I really like those websites, OP. Good job. Seeing them makes me realize how much I still have to learn.

But you might want to correct pic related. I'm on a 1024x600 netbook and this is what Spark looks like.
>>
>>259053
Thank you.

Spark was the first website after I made after the portfolio website itself. Later had to do some fixes so that the header works well on small mobile resolutions (iPhone 4), but it didn't even occur to me that people still use netbooks. Issue here is that CSS media query assumes you have decent desktop resolution due to min viewport width set in it so it sets header section to 100 viewport CSS height units.. that in this case isn't even as much as 768px (minus browser UI chrome) that I usually assume as minimum for notebook/desktop resolutions. Gonna fix this at some point.
>>
Should change your first name to "Titty" or use it as a nickname. That way you could be "Titty Sprinkis". Fuck if anyone's going to forget that one.

Nice stuff, mate.
>>
Could you possibly tell me how you made that background to the home page? The polymetric shapes.
>>
>>259302
I think you mean geometric shapes. However, I'd like to know too. Is it a brush or something? Thanks.
>>
>>259302
>>259306
http://qrohlf.com/trianglify-generator/

heavily edited in ps to get the pale shade and contrast curves right + translucent white radial gradient in middle

>>259279
i've been thinking about using a pseudonym.

http://visualidiot.com

this guy is doing it right. nobody fucking knows his name, but he is a highly acclaimed designer
>>
>>259315
>i've been thinking about using a pseudonym.

This is the only reason I don't want to post my portfolio website. The URL itself contains my name.

I really do like stuff like "visualidiot" and other funky names for sites however.
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (88 KB, 548x1501) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
88 KB, 548x1501
Mainly just do little things on the side, any critiques?
>>
Ok why not
https://www.behance.net/kimchilee

I've actually got a site but it's still under construction. I also keep cracking myself up with the stupid joke I put in there.

>>259023
very clean! But I'm not much of a fan of constant "lifestyle" shots for websites. Maybe put some images that focus more on the website itself and another one meant to showcase the responsiveness. That's just me though.
>>
No way.

2 reasons.

1. I don't need the petty insults from teenagers and unemployed amateurs.

2. My digital portfolio is a website with my contact info..
>>
I wasn't going to post it. But in spite of
>>259700
I think I'll post it anyway.

Here goes nothing.

http://rvklein.me/
>>
>>259659
didn't you post the same pic last year? haven't you done anything else? those are pretty boring.
>>
>>259659
1. Boring and bad
2. Way too busy
3. Boring and is that the same font as in the first?
4. wtf?
5. absolute shit on all fronts
>>
>>259023
you have an email.
>>
Bump because I want to see more of /gd/'s shit rather than request threads.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.