[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's wrong with this magazine cover?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Magazine draft 001.jpg (506 KB, 842x1191) Image search: [Google]
Magazine draft 001.jpg
506 KB, 842x1191
What's wrong with this magazine cover?
>>
>>257960
s h i f t
>>
Kerning on shift need work. Lose the stroke. Bring the margins in a bit it looks way too narrow, having the bottom margin narrower than the top makes it appear unbalanced, so does all the type crammed into the bottom.
The image isn't the most interesting thing for a cover page but a suggestion would be to try placing some of the type in that big black space you have in the middle that should be where you readers eyes should be drawn to. At the moment there's really no focal point which is kinda important if this were to be on a shelf next to other magazines.
I'm not sure what the point of that blue graphic is either. If you can't justify it ditch it. Hope that helps.
>>
Who is your audience? The cover is meaningless because you target no audience.
>>
>>257994
The target is supposed to be people who work night shifts.
How could i reach said target audience?
>>
>>257996
You need to be more detailed than that. How old are they, what gender, what would someone that works night shifts like to do in their spare time, do they have families?
Mock up three fictional people around this and target it towards them.
>>
There is a article missing. How to leave job and stop working on night shifts
>>
It's too dark and will terrible printed out.
Rookie mistake.
Bring up the brightness or use a brighter shade of blue.
>>
SH I F T
>>
>>257960
the kerning is S H I T
>>
>>257960
>get inspired
>uses shit photo of a depressing building
>we ran out of content after issue 1
>>
get rid of those awful text strokes
>>
>shitty typography
>shitty picture
>no clear hierarchy or variety in text at bottom
>barcode is too big

its pretty shitty. I'd say scrap it and restart entirely.
>>
/o/ here, looks like a shitty ricer magazine, not a monthly for night staff. Honestly, the font is way to edgy for the audience you're aiming at, and the background image doesn't work well with whatever the darkening circles are. Change the background to something related to night workers, such as a factory interior, some something similar that your demographic will recognize. The titles kerning also needs help, break each letter into its own layer if you have to and manually space it. Also, what purpose does the blue thing at the bottom left serve? Is it you logo? It seems out of place to me.

I'm not a professional though, I just do this stuff in my spare time, so take what I say with several grains of salt.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.