[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is it that specifically interests you about the field of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Favim.com-1911207.jpg (304 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Favim.com-1911207.jpg
304 KB, 500x500
What is it that specifically interests you about the field of graphic design?
>>
>>257381
being creative
making ordinary things beautiful
helping clients be successful with my designs
getting paid
>>
Having near complete control of what the normie at large buys.

It's not like I'd have a lucrative career with sculpture anyway.
>>
Organization. I love aligning things and organizing them into a meaningful and aesthetically pleasing piece. I am also a fan of minimal yet impactful art.
>>
The creation of something that pleases and functions at the same time.

Unlike art.
>>
Visual Communication, branding, advertising.
>>
Graphic design is my passion
>>
the possibility to mix different mediums and combine it to a functioning product.
the wide range of places to interact.
>>
It's not exactly graphic design, but i m interested in digital painting and concept art.
>>
One of the reasons I became fond of my design classes was because I liked the subjectivity of what is correct. In math, you're either right or you're wrong, there's no in between - in design anything can be right if you can build execute it and make a case for it.

I also like the tactility of web design. Seeing something I made and being able to push and pull it on my phone is really satisfying.
>>
>>257381
Getting my dick wet from work expirance girls with their thick frame glasses and short on one side hair cuts.
>>
to express my self
to make people buy shit from the company im working at
to create
>>
File: day in the life.jpg (333 KB, 1841x2148) Image search: [Google]
day in the life.jpg
333 KB, 1841x2148
Lotsa reasons.
I like the democracy of it. Anybody can do GD with any tools. Being good at it is hard work but it's within the reach of everyone, regardless of creativity or means.
I really like that I can show my designs to Joe Dude and he can tell me if it's good instantly. No need for connoisseurs to know if your design is good. (That said don't tell this to the client)
And it's super great how playful GD is if you put your mind to it. It's basically a puzzle game to me, where the question is ''How can I show this information in a legible and creative or clever way?''
>>
Aesthetics and the math and science behind it
>>
>>257971
underrated post
>>
File: hypotrochoid.gif (236 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
hypotrochoid.gif
236 KB, 400x400
The geometry
Its so wonderful. The math behind it is the only math I can really appreciate because its tangible and I can manipulate it to create something of my own. Its like taking God's language and writing poetry with it.
My favorite part of the process is honestly when i do the pencil sketches. Measuring out segments and using different mathematical principles to make a design by hand is the most satisfying feelings.
>>
stacks

ease of access to recreational drugs and acceptance of the usage between professionals / employers of the field

and this >>259654

basically feeling that you're on top of the world

but i'm also a programmer so i feel superior to an ordinary graphic designer
>>
>>257381
Composition, since I also like taking photos
>>
I love making logos and I love photo manipulation. masking out an image and putting it on a new background or using the clone stamp tool to clean up images in photoshop is really satisfying to me. i
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.