[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do I have a chance.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Untitled-1.png (957 KB, 1900x976) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
957 KB, 1900x976
So, Im thinking about going back to school for GD. I don't know too much about it, but how steep is the learning curve?
I took me about 30 minutes to make this. Also, does it matter what kind of school I go to?
>>
>>257065
Just take a cheap class at a community college, learn the fundamentals. The rest you can learn online + practice.

Speaking of fundamentals the tree line is too close to the center and the left mountain peak is too close to the top of the image. The mountains would be much more interesting if they were less uniform/symmetrical.
>>
>>257065
I feel as though you're deliberately wasting our time with your post, and I can't quite put my finger on as to why.
>>
>>257079
Probably because he just ripped off that image for that Firewatch game, and felt like it was different enough to call his own.

The fact that he had to spell out the time he took to make it only adds to the problem. No one gives a fuck. I don't know if he expects us to be impressed, or cut him slack because he didnt feel like he should put the effort in to make it good.

All that, and there's a dedicated thread for questions like these.
>>
>>257065
I also watched that tutorial anon-kun
>>
>>257065
What the fuck is going on with those mountains?
>>
>>257065
That's some of the worst shit I've seen in quite a while. Zero composition. No Z-curves to create depth. Overused colorscheme. Inconsistent shading between mountains and trees. Bad shading on the mountains. Inconsistent sizing and placing -- randomly sized trees all over the place, does not feel like they connect to the ground. Random-ass lines, is that a graphical glitch? Shitty form on the mountains, looks like a half-hearted attempt at low-poly.

I don't particularly believe that it's possible to tell from a single image whether someone can make it or not in the future, but if I had to guess based on this image, then that's a HELL NO.
>>
>>257065
re-do shading and shape of the mountains
>>
File: firewatch.jpg (691 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
firewatch.jpg
691 KB, 2560x1440
The original is way better.
>>
Campo Santo frowns on your post
>>
How is this 30 minutes of work? You can do that in 5.
>>
>>257461
I love orange and purple used together. It's gorgeous.
>>
>>257065
This is tripe.

>>257461
This is lovely.
>>
>>257461
I like it a lot but how does the ranger get up his tower?
>>
>>258410
he fucking batman's the telephone line, duh.
>>
>>258410
Lol you're right. They usually have a staircase on the inside of the beams or running around the outside. Lil' dude standing next to it is fucked.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.