[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Business Cards
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: visibility-business-cards-lg.jpg (227 KB, 800x601) Image search: [Google]
visibility-business-cards-lg.jpg
227 KB, 800x601
I'm a web designer and considering becoming a freelancer in my city. I want to make some business cards for myself but I've never done it before. Could you tell me the basics or some tips? Do I make them using Illustrator or PS? Should I save the files as an .eps?
>>
If you plan on using photos on your cards, start off with a Photoshop document and fix the photo up, and then use illustrator for everything else.
>>
Don't use photos on your cards.
It's often tasteless and you don't have much control over the colours printed.
I would also very much advise you on working with a vector based program.
At least when creating your logo, as you probably want to use it on letters or flyers etc.
Programs like Ai are not very well fitted for lettering and formatting, so use Ps or even better Id for that.
>>
>>256973
This and just Google a business card template. You can get them free.
>>
>>256339
don't use thin lines or try to accent the edges of your card, the die/cut can misregister and the unevenness will be very apparent.

Keep text/logos away from the edges of the card.
Printers usually say 1/8" away, but a good rule to follow for design is to have at least 10% of your Length/width reserved for padding around all sides. This 10% rule will work well on other mediums (posters, billboards, flyers, etc). pic related
>>
Thank you all, guys.
>>
https://www.moo.com/us/

Can't recommend these guys enough. Ultra high quality custom cards for a decent price.
>>
>>257288
i can second that
(ordered the Luxe ones once)
but support local printing shops if you can
>>
>>257302
>but support local printing shops if you can

Listen to this guy, OP. Especially if you're going into freelancing, having a good relationship with the printers in your area is IN-FUCKING-VALUABLE. Everything from discounts to leads on new jobs to just straight-up having someone to shoot the shit and swap horror stories with.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.