[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to start with web design? What should I learn in order
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
How to start with web design?

What should I learn in order to ultimately become a web designer? I'm pretty familiar with PS and done some minor shit like banners before but I don't really know what to do now.

Any resources/usefull websites/books/whatever?
>>
>>256131
you can start by watching some cs50 vids
>https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhQjrBD2T383Q2VtqEaQn8nZh-681av20
this one is really helpful (he has tons of tutorials)
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXqs6X0lzKI

i recommend you try one of those "training" sites eg khan academy+the app, etc.
>>
learn html, then css, then some javascript, then install wamp and play with a backend language and databases.

I learned by making sites in photoshop and handcoding them, dreamweaver really helped learn all the commands from html/css, now I know them all by heart and how they effect eacother.
>>
>>256165
but how about how to make sites in PS in the first place?
>>
Go to /g/ and look for /wdg/
They have a list of guides in the op and one talks about front end design
Alternatively pirate Learning Web Design 4th edition and read that, also try using stuff like codecademy
>>
>>256195
Okay so making sites in photoshop. This is only from personal experience because I'm a learning web designer myself.

It depends if you're wanting to work for a company and improve their website or be doing more work for a client.

What you want to do is have a style guide, colours and fonts of what your client or company wants.

Then learning how to make a site look good is all about practice and referencing other good designs.

Looking around constantly through out your day even away from work, does that advert / logo look shit. Is the text placement bad etc.

Then what was said above really, learn html css and javascrypt. I also found Jquery to be useful because of its animations.
>>
>>256537
I may have rambled on a bit there but I hope you understand my point.
>>
Use the program macaw to design the sites html, css, js along with photoshop to design the buttons, menu bars, etc. And youll be able to design a great looking and functioning site without relying on template sites like squarespace. Also find some nice html/js code to make stuff look real nice. Like html parallax (i think its whats its called) and some js animations for menu bars
>>
>>256138
Not OP but thank you.
>>256209
You too, and sorry but /g/ is pure cancer when it comes to useful tips for starting up.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.