[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi. I'm having trouble with scaling and don't know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: Question.png (24 KB, 640x636) Image search: [Google]
Question.png
24 KB, 640x636
Hi. I'm having trouble with scaling and don't know how else to do this...

When I want to scale something to an exact measurement, how do I do so?

Please refer to my pic. I want the text to be 1inch when it's outlined. I know that I can manually type it in to be 1inch when it's outlined, but I need the text to be editable. How can I find out the text size in order for it to be 1inch when it's outlined?

Don't know if that makes any sense. I know it requires math but I'm too fucking stupid.
>>
you can use a Square over the text and hit Ctrl+Alt+C this will create a envelope with the top object (square over the text)
>>
You can use guidelines to make measurements exact and

view -> gris/guides -> show rulers

or something or other to show exact measurements. right click on rulers to change units of measurement, hold shift while dragging from rulers to make guides at perfect measurements. then scaling usually clicks to those guides perfectly. also great for setting text without needing to create outlines.
>>
File: how.webm (1 MB, 898x740) Image search: [Google]
how.webm
1 MB, 898x740
There isn't a way to type in a numerical field and have an editable text object reflect on that.

However, you can draw an object with a height of x and use the scale tool to get it to the size you wish, or if you're lucky, your text size integer in pt corresponds to the height you want.

Also –It is not a good idea to use inches as your units in Illustrator.
>>
>>255082
>>255097
It's not editable, but once you know the words and font you need.

Object > Expand

That will turn your font into an object, rather than text. You can control its size completely after that. Also works well when you and to edit a font for a one off.
>>
>>255097
I have to work in inches because I work in an architectural signage company

also thanks for the response everyone. someone told me the math problem for it and it was fucking easy
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.