[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
akira poster rate / opinions pls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: AKIRA poster.png (78 KB, 641x900) Image search: [Google]
AKIRA poster.png
78 KB, 641x900
akira poster
rate / opinions pls
>>
I haven't read the manga but watched the movie two times. I didn't know the capsule is the name of their biker gang and that it was on their jackets. If I would have made the poster I would've used the bike, silhouette of Akira or Tetsuo with the cape, or the skyline of Neo Tokyo.

But maybe I should pay more attention to the movie. Regardless it looks very tight in terms of composition. I like how you made the reflection in the bottom half of the capsule bend. If I google it most designers don't do that, so that eye for detail is telling.

Somehow I think the light red and blue of the kanji signs don't mix well enough. It looks to nice and sweet for a fierce and violent movie like Akira.
>>
>>255007
3/10 where's the cyberpunk attitude?
>>
top of the pill is blue, not the bottom invert the red with blue then apply a texture over the whole picture. also make your own pill and don't just take the 3rd result from Google.
>>
>>255007
As someone who loves the comic (and think the film is incredibly overrated); I think the poster is too simple. It doesn't really catch any of the comic's visual feel. Which is a bit weird since it's primarily the visuals that made it famous to start with. See if you can implement some other cool image or aspect from the comic into the poster.

And it might just be the image you uploaded just now, but if not, remake it all from scratch and make sure that that the edges are cleaner and that you don't just use the fill-tool. For as it is right now. It looks really amateurish.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.