[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Uber changed their logo. It makes no sense at all, and they probably
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8
Uber changed their logo. It makes no sense at all, and they probably spent tens of thousands on this. I mean, it was shit to begin with, but WTF?
>>
>>254888
I think it would be alright if it was just rotated 90 degrees clockwise...so you know...it makes a U at least..
>>
>>254888
What the fuck? At least I could recognize the "U" in the car approaching me so I knew it was an Uber, the new symbol makes no sense. If I called for a car, and that came up to me I wouldnt believe it
>>
It was designed by their douchebag CEO, that's why.

>http://www.wired.com/2016/02/the-inside-story-behind-ubers-colorful-redesign/

>Here’s the thing, though. Kalanick is not a designer. He’s an engineer by training and an entrepreneur by nature. Yet he refused to entrust the rebranding to anyone else.
>>
>>254888
What the fuck is uber?
>>
>>255038
>>254888
just rank it thumbs down
>>
>>255046
Like a taxi except anyone can be employed by them.
>>
>>255055
except you're an independent contractor and not an employee
>>
>>255059
yeah what this guy said
>>
>>254888

What's it meant to represent?
The circle being a wheel I can understand, but what's the square in he middle? Why is there a little slit cut out of the circle, and why is that slit not pointing upwards so the circle makes a 'U' shape?
>>
>>255055
That sounds absolutely shite which I suppose fitting with their logo.

An incredible mesh of things barely functional, barely passable.

Reminds me of Nova Art
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1ax7SD8wk4
>>
I "get" it but I don't like it
>>
You just gave them free promotion. It is going along as planned.
>>
>>254888

▲ ▲
>>
brand.uber.com/#bits-atoms

This is Pepsi Breathless levels of bullshittery
>>
I actually think it has great potential.

I haven't read any articles. but it appears the graphic is supposed to be a spotlight over a pickup/dropoff location on a map (pretty clever imo). I'd imagine with some good motion graphics/advertising, that symbol could become very iconic.

I agree that it's odd the U isn't apart of the symbol anymore, but really, the U doesn't say anything about the brand other than "exclusivity." Uber left the realm of exclusivity a while ago with uberx/dog delivery/etc.
>>
uber clearly pivotted to make bed sheets
https://youtu.be/cTaKj0wykHQ
>>
>>254888

>tens of thousands

Substantially more than that
>>
>>254888
IIRC, one of the overhead actually took a role in the design process
>>
>>255144
Biggest pile of bullshit I've read today. Congrats.
This is one of the most ridiculous rebrandings I've seen. Similar to the Airbnb one.
>>
Oh and I forgot to ask
>>255169
Why is this video private? Make it public. This should go viral and teach 'designers' to stop this idiotic way of presenting a product.
>>
File: uberlogo2.png (51 KB, 763x619) Image search: [Google]
uberlogo2.png
51 KB, 763x619
>>254888
Alright who can design a better one
>first try
>>
File: fixed.jpg (100 KB, 508x504) Image search: [Google]
fixed.jpg
100 KB, 508x504
>>254940
>>
Uber's lead designer has just quit.
>>
>>255038
>http://www.wired.com/2016/02/the-inside-story-behind-ubers-colorful-redesign/
yep, just like bezos -- another corporate control freak
>>
File: Untitled-2.jpg (143 KB, 387x381) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.jpg
143 KB, 387x381
>>255352
I meant more like this.
>>
>>255073
Ubers a pretty dank service to be fair
>>
>>255244
What is bullshit?
>>
>>255491

>'Dank'
>>
>>255466
This makes a lot more sense.
>>
You know what's gonna happen? Either.
a) people are going to demand uber change their logo back (a la. Gap Box fiasco)
b) drivers are going to get lights with the new logo (see pic) but flip the logo so it's a U (see: >>255466) and Uber will have to change it to that.

There's already people clicking the uber app thinking it's the chase bank app lol.
>>
>>254888
It looks like one of those 1 neuton weights we used in physics..if that's what they were going for they did a great job.
>>
File: SCHWASTED green.jpg (2 MB, 6670x3753) Image search: [Google]
SCHWASTED green.jpg
2 MB, 6670x3753
>>255549
>Greentext
>>
>>256566
The only dank I know is the dungeon kind where something is wet and cold and unpleasant.

I don't know what the fuck you mean when you say a service is 'dank'.
>>
File: ShakeyGravesSkullLogo.jpg (603 KB, 304x306) Image search: [Google]
ShakeyGravesSkullLogo.jpg
603 KB, 304x306
>>256568
You're obviously out of touch with the vernacular of today, friend. it means good.
i.e - Dank weed
>>
File: 1334329164853.jpg (18 KB, 366x380) Image search: [Google]
1334329164853.jpg
18 KB, 366x380
>>256561
>neuton
>>
On board to the minimal train!
>>
Can i put my dick in it ?
>>
>>254969
Don't worry. They haven't given us new stickers. We are still using the old dress.
>>
>>256607
Fuck you, you knew what I meant you shitting goblin.
>>
>>255046
Also, their pay is garbage so technically you are considered and independent contractor, but in reality treated like an employee and a slave.
>>
>>255201
That means that they cut our pay to fund for a garbage logo
>>
Why is that C mirrored? And where in the Uber is a letter C? Im confused...
>>
>>256568
you should get out of your mom's basement more
or go on the internet once in a while
>>
File: uber_bits.png (191 KB, 651x386) Image search: [Google]
uber_bits.png
191 KB, 651x386
>>255136
The whole video was pretty retarded, but this was just weird for no reason
>>
>>256859
he he
>>
>>255378
Those fucking people are literally incapable of acknowledging they can't do something, the insecure fucks.
>"Im not sure"
Then don't fucking do it.
>>
>>255136
It's scary how breathless this video left me, and I say that in the worst sense of being breathless can bring to mind.
>>
>>254888
Chinese coin on repeating a tile / carpet pattern

lord knows what the designer was thinking, hell at least rotate it to make a "U"
>>
>>255169
what the fuck is this legit? this is terrible
>>
>>255046
What the fuck is Google?
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.