[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Logo critique
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: designsmartlogo.jpg (58 KB, 547x526) Image search: [Google]
designsmartlogo.jpg
58 KB, 547x526
Hey /gd/ the title says it all, personal logo critique thread.
pic related is mine, and needless to say my initials are N and S what do you think of this concept? As for the design i'm okay with it, but its the coloring thats bothering me. what do you think? advise will be furiously appreciated
>>
File: 1453234031223s.jpg (30 KB, 250x240) Image search: [Google]
1453234031223s.jpg
30 KB, 250x240
>>252482
start with something that holds up well as one color. worry about stylizing it later.

right now it's literally shit.
>>
>>252482
lose the gradients and place one letter inside the other
>>
>>252485
i tried that but it wouldnt work well unless i changed the size of one letter. gimme an example if you can please
>>
>>252484
color aside whats wrong with the design
>>
>>252488
why is one leg of the N thicker than the other?

why are the letters overlapping?

why did you leave a sliver of negative space in the top portion of the S?

why are the end caps of the letters rounded?

why is part of the N sticking out above and below the letter S?
>>
File: MONEYPLEASE.png (582 KB, 8030x8536) Image search: [Google]
MONEYPLEASE.png
582 KB, 8030x8536
>>252482
Pay me, atleast £30 please, that would be nice. Or anyone
>>
>>252499
>58 KB
>Logo critique Anonymous 01/19/16(Tu
My email is [email protected]
>>
File: Screenshot_4.png (88 KB, 1365x728) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_4.png
88 KB, 1365x728
>>252500
Proof that my email is [email protected]. Send me the money kek.
>>
>>252499
damn nigga you work quick
>>
>>252492
>you're right didn't notice that, thanks
>thats the effect i want to give it if you have a better idea please share i'd like this to look as good and simple as possible
>will fix that
>i want them rounded
>thats the overlapping effect

Keep it coming, need as much criticism as possible
>>
>>252520
>▶
Hahaha, reinforce too
>>
>>252520
I was more implying you should have actual reasons for designing it the way you did, not "just because i wanted to"

design useless without purpose
>>
>>252606
well i've always been a fan of golden ration and i love looping effects. Its probably my favorite design style and i wanted to show i can make a good use of it when applying colors as well as shadow effects
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.