[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New website
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: pp-final-3-sidebar-alt.png (585 KB, 1475x2287) Image search: [Google]
pp-final-3-sidebar-alt.png
585 KB, 1475x2287
Hey designer fags. A few months ago I asked you to critique my new website and logo.

Well now it's launched. Constructive opinions welcome!!!!! www.swytchvaping.co.uk
>>
Looks good enough, but why do you need two product categories lists?

I'm not too keen of designs with too many lines and stroke borders but it looks functional
>>
>>252424
one is brand categories one is product type categories.
>>
File: picrelated.jpg (231 KB, 1024x600) Image search: [Google]
picrelated.jpg
231 KB, 1024x600
>>252419
I'd recommend you using a CSS Sprite file for all the little images in there. The website took a fairly long time to load on my PC.

The logo appears cropped when I change my window size, so try to reduce its size.

The top area (that one that slides down when I scroll through the website) is way too large and covers almost half of my screen. Also, since I'm on a netbook, the sub-menu under the green bar looks broken (pic related).

I really like the logo, but the "wyt" part on "swytch" is strange, because the other letters are spaced, except for those. I'd fix the kerning of the entire thing a little bit.

I'd try to remove some content, since it feels too cluttered and chaotic despite being well organized. Try to leave more white space between sections.

I thought the footer section was only that green bar on the bottom, but apparently it also includes the columns above. Since the background is white, I suggest you changing it to a different color, perhaps a dark gray to have contrast. That way, the user can tell he's not reading the main content anymore.
Hope i could help you with my critique, anon. It's a nice website overall, although I'm not a big fan of scanlines or that green color, but I guess that's just a matter of preference. If I see anything else I think could be improved, I will let you know.

PS: Please change the ".absolute footer" area. That black text with a white shadow doesn't look very good. Perhaps change the shadow opacity or remove it altogether?
>>
File: picrelated2.png (99 KB, 384x564) Image search: [Google]
picrelated2.png
99 KB, 384x564
>>252529
Here's what the website looks like with my window resized. A second scrollbars appears.Weird. Never seen anything like that before.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160119-221357~01.png (464 KB, 1440x1440) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160119-221357~01.png
464 KB, 1440x1440
This button needs to be moved.
>>
>>252561
Sorry, still me. I meant to type more.

I'm on mobile, so I can't really inspect too much on your site.

What I'd reccomend is that you switch those "Learn More' and "Close this" buttons. Put them in a div so they will end up below the main text, give that div a bit of a margin-top, and float them to opposite sides.

It should look better.
>>
Loose the lime green, too hard on the eyes.
>>
>>252565
I agree. It's even worse on an AMOLED display.
>>
>>252531
OP here - different if loaded on mobile
>>
>>252529
thanks for the input - i will look over the weekend
>>
>>252897
No problem. When I load it on my mobile the second scrollbar is not shown (obviously), but the logo still appears cropped.
>>
>>252419
>Green website
>Yellow stars
Fucking yuk.
>>
>>252565
this....cant you get a little more chilled colour?
a little more #00b08b ?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.