[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking for more stable video editing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 5
File: 1452724948128.png (37 KB, 768x586) Image search: [Google]
1452724948128.png
37 KB, 768x586
I like to make videos for fun but recently I've been having problems with movie maker. Mainly, when the program renders the movie, for some reason the trims are not accurate in the final render even though they are fine in the previews.

My question is, do all video editing software have this problem? If you're not sure what I'm talking about here's a video I made recently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v05ycGUNIo0

at around 1:12/1:13 you can see an odd image between the cuts. In the preview the cuts transitioned seamlessly, but in the final render you can see that the trimming on the clips is not perfect.

Also a secondary question, lately my video card keeps failing and causing me to restart Movie Maker because everything becomes corrupted (every thing still saves though). How do I avoid driver failure because it happens like once every minute now.
>>
File: K043767.jpg (649 KB, 1500x1047) Image search: [Google]
K043767.jpg
649 KB, 1500x1047
>>251956
That's pretty good for being made with MovieMaker.
Switch to Premier (or Final Cut) which are programs you can actually work with and experience with them is the only true way to learn them.

>1:12/1:13 you can see an odd image between the cuts
that looks like you either left some random frames hanging around or a rendering error. if it's the latter, re-rendering should fix it.

>How do I avoid driver failure
You shouldn't be rendering with your GPU. Use your CPU instead. CUDA rendering creates more problems than it solves (unless we are taking about heavy 3d rendering which isn't your case).
>>
File: wJS0s5U.png (61 KB, 308x244) Image search: [Google]
wJS0s5U.png
61 KB, 308x244
>>252006
It's definitely the latter, and re-rendering seems to make new problems pop up. I'll look into switching from gpu to cpu for rendering, but I don't want to pay for a new program when I only make about 1 video a month.

Thanks for the help.
>>
File: easy-payments.png (118 KB, 804x891) Image search: [Google]
easy-payments.png
118 KB, 804x891
>>252008
>re-rendering seems to make new problems pop up
I'm not sure how MovieMaker handles it's data but you might try erasing all previews/cache, re-conforming the video files and re-rendering to see if it fixes it.

> I don't want to pay...
pic related is pretty affordable
>>
File: yi6Ox94.jpg (106 KB, 879x729) Image search: [Google]
yi6Ox94.jpg
106 KB, 879x729
>>252013
ah I see
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.