[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does gd think of the image I made?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: Motivation.png (160 KB, 2167x4106) Image search: [Google]
Motivation.png
160 KB, 2167x4106
What does gd think of the image I made?
>>
File: Untitled-4.png (161 KB, 2167x4106) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-4.png
161 KB, 2167x4106
Fixed a part of the flower.
>>
shameless bump
>>
>>252026
You really think this is worthy of responses?

sage.
>>
>>252066
Yes also bump
>>
>>252096
2/10

If you're new and looking for feedback; that font is painful to read. Use Helvetica Compressed, Heroic Condensed, there are so many better alternatives. The background makes it painful as well. The two together seem cheap. Don't be afraid to add some texture or depth. I get what you're going for with the style of the flower, but it looks like a Newgrounds flash video circa 2004.

If you're not new and work as an actual GD, we have a serious problem.
>>
>>251947
This is pretty terrible OP. If you are just starting out, you should not be working with color. Instead of critiques this work im going to rather suggest what you SHOULD do when starting graphic design.

Color theory is complex and requires prior knowledge of balance and compositional techniques before it can be applied correctly and effectively. This skills can be acquired by first working in monochrome.

You should get off the computer for starters read a book and sketch some thumbnails. You don't need to be good at drawing you create thumbnails, these should be 30second to a minute drawings that you use to quickly produce possible ideas.

Since you seem to be interested in typographic print design, I recommend reading or at least looking at the following:
>Stop stealing sheep & find out how type works.
>Type Only (Unit Editions)
>Grid Systems/Raster Systemes
>Graphic Design Solutions (this book gives you a general understanding of graphic design)

Some of these books are expensive and while I highly recommend owning them if you are even somewhat serious about graphic design, you can find pdf versions of them online if you look in the right places.

You should also research somewhat into the following theories and design movements
>Bauhaus
>De stijl
>Swiss Typography
>post-moderism

Understanding how graphic has become what it is today will give you a greater understanding of how to create your own work. Unlike other professions when I say "the principles and ideas they taught are still relevant today", it's actually true.

I hope this helps and good luck.
>>
>>252109
Not OP but nice post anon!
>inb4 shut up faggot
>>
7/10. It's pretty plain but interesting has a good meaning.
>>
>>251947
The inconsistency between the line spacing of "Why are you reading this" and "do something with your life" is maddening. Average them
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.