[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you start getting freelance work? I assume once you get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 1451066820360.png (51 KB, 240x232) Image search: [Google]
1451066820360.png
51 KB, 240x232
How do you start getting freelance work?

I assume once you get your foot in the door and can put WORKED WITH DISNEY, COKE, STAR WARS, SONY, MICROSOFT, TWITTER, VOX MEDIA, AND GARFIELD the offers come pretty easily, but as someone starting out

What the fuck do I do? I have a small portfolio on a website. Do I spam my shit all over Behance or something?
>>
>>251863
Well, i thing that you would go to a shop that have a shitty design and porpouse a better one.

> Ps: Share your porfolio
>>
>>251863
Lurking for portfolio
>>
>>251863
>go to a restaurant
>their menu is shit
>take a copy
>redesign desu
>offer to sell to restaurant
>dey gimmi da bux
>repeat
ezpz
>>
Not making business cards and distribute them on car windshields, local stores, peers, relatives

You're a fucking special snowflake, aren't you?
>>
>>252537
>doing the work before they even agree to anything

Have some fucking self respect, you spineless cuck.
>>
>>252685
That would fucking annoy me. There's no way anyone without low functioning asbergers would ever do this
>>
>>252685
i would never hire anyone who has to leave their flyers or business cards on windshields to get work

>forgetting to put the arrow for your greentext
>>
I cant really tell you since my main thing isnt freelancing(even though I might want to do mainly freelancing since I dont really enjoy the work I am doing atm) but its mostly I have a friend who has a friend who needs a logo or something. My friend is going to tell his friend that he knows something who is good at graphixs so he calls me, so I got a customer. When the customer likes your work next time he is talking to a friends who needs a design he is going to recommend you to his friend.

The main reason people go to university is networking and not actual learning(I prefer to teach myself mostly) so you get a network and reputation.

Thats why I say if you are planning to do graphix design you should be able to lead a conversation, be social and persuasive. Even if you are shit you are probably going to be more successful if you are social than a person who is good but is not social.(I dont say you cant do it, but its going to be harder if you are a no social person)
>>
FIVER... ;)
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.