[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help. Applying for schools and they all wan't a fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: kiubi2.jpg (112 KB, 561x370) Image search: [Google]
kiubi2.jpg
112 KB, 561x370
Help.

Applying for schools and they all wan't a fucking sketchbook. What the fuck, how do I sketch out designs? I just do that shit in illustrator or indesign. I get it for logos and shit but if I sketch out app designs and shit in my sketchbook I feel like I'll just look like an autist.
>>
>>251681
>if I sketch out app designs and shit in my sketchbook I feel like I'll just look like an autist.

Or, you know, a professional
>>
I'm a shit-eating gimp-user hobbyist and even I have a decently filled sketchbook..

What the fuck are you doing
>>
>>251681
sketchbook? geez... the school you're applying looks autistic, ,mate. ask yourself why do you need that in the first place.
>>
>>251686
the usual - hipster talks about something of he doesn't have a clue.
>>
>>251681

>Sketchbook
>tfw I gave them a USB stick with snapshotted photoshop files and was accepted
>>
Apply to MCAD. Sketchbook work is discouraged when applying. They only want to see finished work.
>>
>>251783
That said, I put in unfinished work and still got in with a scholarship. Just do it!
>>
>>251783
>>251755
>>251754
What the fuck niggers. Who cares about the end product? It's the thoughts behind the design that count. Any monkey can learn Illustrator/Photoshop. Thousands of tutorials on the web. The thought process is what matters!
>>
>>251754

Get a load of this faggot.
>>
>>252097
I'll give you a load
>>
>>251681
>Thumbnails and sketching rough layouts is autistic

No wonder you can't get into school.
>>
>>251681
get a couple different calligraphy and inking pens and learn to draw lel. seriously, a good designer with actual illustration and lettering skills will do better than one without
>>
>>252143
Not him but obb
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.