[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After Effects Noob Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: battleship files Stream Video.jpg (306 KB, 2477x1240) Image search: [Google]
battleship files Stream Video.jpg
306 KB, 2477x1240
hey /gd! i used to lurk here all the time months ago but i kind of fell of the planet for a little while.

im pretty decent with Photoshop, but i know at some point i need to expand and learn other things, so yesterday i decided i would tackle After Effects. hopefully i can get some help from you wonderful people here.

i decided my first project would be a music streaming video for my band.
if you want, you can check out the song being used here:
https://enjoycassette.bandcamp.com/releases

attached i also included is a still/mockup of what i want it to look like.

as far as the live effects go, heres the perfect example. for the most part, everything im trying to do is showcased here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTxSGBvgCoQ

as you can see in the example, we have
>a moving background
>moving album art and text
>particle/artifact/noise effects
>audio equalizer
>slide in transitions at the beginning (only interested in the album art and text, i know a lot goes into the weird effect that was given to the record label logo on the bottom right)

that is everything i would like to achieve. in mine, however, I want to have the white background behind the text, the text itself, the art, and possibly the clouds/splashes moving as well.

>I have every layer separate for individual manipulation.
>those splashes are not actually cut off, just off screen. i can move the layer around and still have the full splash
>the splashes dont NEED to move, i know theres ways to throw in 3D cloud effects over everything instead

my questions are:
>where do i start?
I can open AE and then i go brain dead. a few years ago i made an intro for some lets play videos but i dont remember how i did them. the text had a fly in, there was lens flare, etc. this is however different obviously.

>any tutorial suggestions?
every time i search something like "how to make music stream videos After Effects" i get complicated tutorials on things im not interested in at the moment.

Thanks!
>>
>>251485
>im pretty decent with Photoshop

Then why didn't you make your own album cover instead of taking beeple's image and putting your text on top?
>>
File: YESS.png (12 KB, 961x162) Image search: [Google]
YESS.png
12 KB, 961x162
>>251486
because i asked him and he said it was fine.
>>
>>251488
>>251486

and im not actually making any money off of it.
i sent him a long ass email asking legal questions, permission, and even offered to buy that piece, and a few other ones. i was looking for an artist to commission, and he said i could just use whatever of his
>>
>>251485
learn the basics. start making projects trying to achieve just one thing after you understand it move to another and so on.
that videos uses expressions more specifically "wiggle" so search for a tutorial on that. and learn about keyframes, graph editor, camera + fast blur, 3d layers etc
>>
>>251490
thank you! i dont really know exact names of things so its hard to find the resources for what im trying to do!
>>
You have an instrumental version of your song? Sounds super good, just not into whatever genre this is.
>>
>>251485
>you can check out the song
As someone who really likes 90's emo and hates moder post-hardcore, this is pretty good.

>where do i start?
If you already have the .psd mockup, you can just import that to AE and work from there (make sure to import it with editable layers and not as footage).
Create a new composition a little bit bigger than what your final output will be (so that you can make it wiggle a little).
Animate-in the cover and titles.
Create a new composition the size of your final output (guessing 1920x1080) and throw the previous composition inside.
Add a wiggle effect to it. You can do it with an expression as >>251490 pointed out but there's a preset effect for it which will be easier if you are just starting with AE.
The easiest way to do the graphic equalizer thingy is with a plug-in such as Trapcode's Sound Keys.

>any tutorial suggestions?
http://www.videocopilot.net/basic/
http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.