[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>google releases material design spec >the main reason
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1
File: flat.png (157 KB, 1135x799) Image search: [Google]
flat.png
157 KB, 1135x799
>google releases material design spec
>the main reason behind it is having too many layers on small screens can get confusing if you don't have lighting effects to simulate z-space
>retards adapt material design as the reason to sticking drop-shadows fucking everywhere

Flat design was the greates trend to happen ever. It really was as simple as sticking text on a flat color. Why have you forsaken flat, /gd/?
>>
No sh*t right? Flat design was, is, and will be THE shizz for quite a while at least in my book.

With our luck as designers, some asshole will probably set a new trend with bad design he shows a CEO client at a fortune 500 company one time.

The CEO will of course like it, because it is bad design and clients ALWAYS prefer bad design if you show it to them. It will be featured on the company website and from there it will spread like wildfire.

Surely they will have found some way to combine skewmorphism, flat design, and 90's postmodern conceptualism that will vaguely resemble the blinding glossiness of early 2000's eMac UI's crossed with over-the-top visual effects now available with new web-coding languages.

I just hope flat design stays here for a while longer so we can enjoy its simplicity and design efficacy a while longer.
Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.