[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your First Graphics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: Channel Art.jpg (497 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Channel Art.jpg
497 KB, 2560x1440
I just Made This It my first ever it took me 20 mins tell me how i did show me your first
>>
Too generic. But good for a first try.
>>
>>250911
What did you use to create it?
>>
>>250917
adobe photo shop
>>
>>250911
I know it's your first but it looks like every other new gaming channel. I'm guessing you went off a tutorial from youtube
>>
File: sc.png (146 KB, 1060x175) Image search: [Google]
sc.png
146 KB, 1060x175
>>250911
>>
This is good. My first ever design was something much uglier when I was young. Keep doing your thing and never stop learning.
>>
>>250911
is this 2009 again?
>>
>>250989
/thread
>>
File: resample(lanczos).png (96 KB, 960x158) Image search: [Google]
resample(lanczos).png
96 KB, 960x158
>>250911
I make these YouTube banners all the time.

first of all, flares were overused and now it looks bad to use them. Flares can be minimally used but you should not even bother adding them.

Next you don't have a background, just blackness. Add some textures, or at-least a gradient. (>>250953 may look like it is just a solid black, ut your not looking at the big picture, it has a red glow with particles around the halo guy)

You can see the edges of the flares, to fix this get the eraser and set hardness to 0%, then erase the edges.

Your overall picture has no depth. Its just text in front of flares. Add some foreground and background (in-front and behind elements) also flares go at the very topmost layer of a photo (but like I said before, don't even use flares)

you also lack detail. In >>250953 there is lots of small detail (particles, overlays, blurs, ect) even in the picture I have attached, there is tons of little details that you don't notice, but really do increase the overall quality of the image. Add overlaying gradients, textures, and other small things. Play around with the blend modes (especially soft light) add really small bevels and pattern overlays (not to many, and not too detailed)

and always put the final version through some sort color correction (magic bullet is probably the best for noobs). You don't need to use the final color correction, but it is good to see a different version of your image (+ they add more detail)
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.