[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwA gOqNvFGA I'm tryin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwAgOqNvFGA

I'm trying to figure out if this was an illustrator or Photoshop job. It's super clean but some areas look pretty much hand drawn which leads me to believe it's not vector.

Thoughts?
>>
Here's an example of why I think it might not be vector. Corner variance.
>>
A skilled draftsman will generally not have any trouble to draw things cleanly like that, with or without vectors doesn't really matter.

It is still entirely possible that it was done with vectors though, e.g. using the freehand tool, or that it was drawn as bitmap and then auto-traced to get the linework to look crisp at high resolutions. The corner variations could be produced just as much by a bitmap brush as by a vector-tool. It could even be drawn on physical paper with a stabilo/fineliner and then scanned, who knows.

Perhaps what you really wanted to know is whether this was drawn with the bezier tool or the freehand tool? In that case, the answer is most definitely that it was drawn freehand, possibly with a little bit of stabilization enabled (but not much -- you can see many micro-wiggles in the lines).
>>
>>250842
Illustrator using the 'Artistic Brushes' Palette
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.