[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
UI design
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: sign up final.png (240 KB, 1242x2306) Image search: [Google]
240 KB, 1242x2306
So i'm designing the UI for an app we're making for our school (and subsequently many other schools)
Wanted to keep it on the DL but whatever, my boss says this is fine but personally i think the text boxes look, idk, out of place. What's your opinion on this and how can i make it better?
>>
File: yooo.png (258 KB, 1242x2306) Image search: [Google]
yooo.png
258 KB, 1242x2306
>>
>>250275
as for the navigation back and x button he personally wanted it stretched, kinda like linkedin's mobile app. So can't change that, as for the rest yea looking over it it does look stretched and badly lined, i'm gonna need to straighten it out with a ruler.
Any other opinions? color, overall scheme, shapes etc
>>
File: 4L_5dMDSdKe.jpg (26 KB, 900x540) Image search: [Google]
4L_5dMDSdKe.jpg
26 KB, 900x540
>>250267
What the FUCK is wrong with your text, boyo?

And never model anything after LinkedIn's app. It's a UI/UX nightmare graveyard of failed ideas applied liberally with little direction or thought of the user.
>>
>>250317
The text look kinda stretched right?
>>
>>250323
Kinda? This is the shit people get fired for, OP.
>>
>>250323
Every single icon is fucked, too.

OP, this is a grease fire.
>>
>>250325
How can i make it better?
Shrink it down a bit? Make it look slimmer?
>>
>>250325
I'm kinda new to the design world. But i wanna do beyond well in this internship.
So i need all the criticism i can get
>>
Smaller text inside the text boxes would go a long way. Less rounded corners on them as well.
>>
>>250408
What do you mean less rounded corners?
The boxes? Those are fine unless i make the boxes smaller
>>
>>250267
That logo does not make sense to me. If you follow it like it's a track (hence "loop") it has no way of being connected.
>>
>>250484
I didn't make the logo. Personally i think its stupid but its already been trademarked so can't do anything about it
>>
From a UX perspective, this kind of screen is what makes users hit the home button and never open your app again. There are way too many things to fill out on one screen. You need to come up with a flow where the user starts by typing their first and last names (not "full name" all in one field - it's not clear whether you want first first or last first) and then submits that and enters additional information on subsequent screens. Aim to have no more than 3 entry fields on each screen. That way, the user has already committed and has a slight sense of accomplishment and engagement from submitting their name on the first screen, and is more likely to fill out subsequent screens. Note, these screens should all load nearly INSTANTLY - submit the data at the end of the form so you aren't waiting for some database handshake to move from screen to screen.

From a design perspective, this is pretty ugly right now. The icons are unnecessary, and the text has been stretched out to different dimensions in the text boxes - not a good look. Just have First Name in the first box, in a lighter grey, and make sure when the user starts typing it switches to a darker grey or black.

You should design click states for the buttons and click states for the text fields (how it looks when it's currently selected.)
>>
wtf change the color, logos fine. look into color association. if its for a school choose a dark green often associated with higher education for a reason. print them out like you would a photo to scale. its easier to change peoples opinions that way instead of whining and pointing at a screen. its clear you need to take charge of the situation before group think sets in. tell them yo have already half way through (not half finnished) changing the rest of the shit eveyone has done
>>
>>250267
Gender icon is black..?
>>
>>250507
Yea i added a color overlay. Fixed that
>>
File: received_10208336958725225.jpg (72 KB, 1103x2048) Image search: [Google]
received_10208336958725225.jpg
72 KB, 1103x2048
>>250506
We set the color based on our school colors. (Rutgers) and they've agreed they want it to be red so no going back there. And i know this is def not my best work. They tell me they like it and its done and i look at them like they're retarded cause this looka ugly as fuck.
I personally think pic related looks better but they didn't like it. It needs to be revamped completely.
Thanks for the opinions. Keep it coming guys.
>>
File: 1452178448250.jpg (320 KB, 1103x2048) Image search: [Google]
1452178448250.jpg
320 KB, 1103x2048
>>250539
The text on this one really needs to be centered though.

And I think the Continue button should be a little flatter.

Pic explains what I mean
>>
>>250587
(I also think the continue button should have the same rounded corners as the white boxes, but I was too lazy to do that)
>>
>>250409
I kinda like the rounded corner text boxes, because its consistent with the loopy logo
>>
>>250397
Use a vector graphics program.
>>
>>250588
It's not that hard t do.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.