[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I imagine you guys are a good source for this. I recently g
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: box joint.jpg (7 KB, 172x294) Image search: [Google]
box joint.jpg
7 KB, 172x294
I imagine you guys are a good source for this.

I recently got a copy of the CorelDRAW 7 suite to generate graphics for a laser cutting machine.

I have some very light experience with parametric modeling software(solid-works, Pro-Engineer) but none with graphics software. I want to be able to draw shapes that fit together with box joints such as this pamphlet holder.
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:769

is there a function in CorelDRAW that makes this easier?
are there programs that can generate templates?

or will I just need to suck it up and just experiment?
laser is an Epilog Laser 75 watt, Helix. all lines for cutting must be hairline thickness

also, any tips and tricks involving the use of CorelDRAW would be nice.
if you guys don't yield anything then my next step is /diy/
>>
>>250217
Wouldn't a program like AutoCAD be better for a laser cutter? I've never used one myself, but if you're looking for accuracy and proper measurements I feel like a technical drawing program like AutoCAD would be better than a more artistic program like CorelDRAW, unless you're doing complicated engravings or something.
>>
>>250795
Correct. Most laser cutters allow you to directly input AutoCAD files for easy of use.
>>
>>250800
>>250795
>AutoCAD
I'm limited by what the tech department lets me do with the computer. and the machine is meant to do complicated engraving.

I want it to do structural member cutting for other projects.

and to prove to the stupid woman responsible for it and my actions regarding it that you can do more than just engrave novelty key-chains and coasters with it.
>>
try alphacam
>>
>>251045
As far as I know AutoCAD is what everyone uses for this sort of thing. You might be able to find someone else's pre-existing files online to make something though.
>>
>>251269
>alphacam
1.) is that legally freeware?
2.) if it is, where can I get it?
3.) your opinion of the product?

>>251272
>As far as I know AutoCAD is what everyone uses for this sort of thing.
and AutoCAD is what I cannot have...

>>251272
>You might be able to find someone else's pre-existing files online to make something though.
as is, this is my plan-B
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.