[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I create a similar effect as shown?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 1451707870614.jpg (893 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1451707870614.jpg
893 KB, 1920x1080
How do I create a similar effect as shown?
>>
>>>/p/ would probably be more helpful
>>
>>250223
Yeah, they are too snarky and wont care. I'm sure one of us here knows enough about editing a photo or using photoshop to recreate a similar effect.
>>
File: 17379026111_385df075b3_h.jpg (772 KB, 1600x1124) Image search: [Google]
17379026111_385df075b3_h.jpg
772 KB, 1600x1124
The photographer's flickr:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/megane_wakui/
>>
>>250226
>>250226
Thanks!! She probably wont respond due to her massive amount of followers
>>
Looks like grain + vignette + something done with the saturation or white balance
>>
>>250230
>Looks like grain + vignette + something done with the saturation or white balance
Thanks. experimenting now.
>>
Blueish shadows and yellow midtones, highlights.
>>
File: tokyoedit.jpg (768 KB, 1200x801) Image search: [Google]
tokyoedit.jpg
768 KB, 1200x801
>>250211
blue tinted shadows
pink tinted highlights
small saturation boost
low over contrast but crush the low end a little bit
shoot Tokyo

pic related is OC (the photo and the edit), it's nowhere near as good as your example but you get the idea
>>
>>250236
That plus some bloom and you're pretty much there.
>>
>>250236
>low over contrast but crush the low end a little bit
What do you mean by crushing the low end?
>>
File: blacks.png (13 KB, 448x206) Image search: [Google]
blacks.png
13 KB, 448x206
>>250266
Crush is actually the wrong word. You want to raise the deep blacks but without raising the mid to low range. See pic related. The left one raises the blacks but also the low mids too. The extra point on the curve keeps the tones flatter at the bottom like on the right. It's subtle but I think it helps.

You'll notice I've also lowered the highlights, there's no pure black or white in the image, slightly lowers the contrast.

>>250244
I was thinking about that but no quick way to do it in lightroom, will have to play in photoshop a bit.
>>
>>250268
>>
>>250226
I too, read The Verge.
>>
>>250272
Post ur results OP
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.