[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I get this distressed / photocopied look in Ai or Ps?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
How can I get this distressed / photocopied look in Ai or Ps?

Artist pictured: Matthew Bellosi
>>
File: a1459919558_10.jpg (126 KB, 1192x1200) Image search: [Google]
a1459919558_10.jpg
126 KB, 1192x1200
Pic related

Googling tutorials just gives me the kitschest shit
>>
photocopy it a thousand times
>>
>>248591
share with us anon
>>
File: Bellosi Lies.png (160 KB, 605x555) Image search: [Google]
Bellosi Lies.png
160 KB, 605x555
more
>>
>>248607
that grit

use layer masks and photocopy textures
>>
>>248608
This, you can then vectorize it but it will result in a less appealing look
>>
File: dirt test.png (38 KB, 506x503) Image search: [Google]
dirt test.png
38 KB, 506x503
>>248608
>>248614

Can you elaborate a bit?

I've made some attempts but its not coming out as genuine looking, looks again like the kitschy "rustic" tutorials that are so abundant.

Thanks
>>
>>248639

Poster edges filter in PS
>>
Theres a few ways

>work in black/white, slap a grunge texture over the clean one as a new layer when you're done composing. Maybe even use wacom brushing if you're skilled

>poster edges, meh

>image-adjustments-threshold

>any combination of these once you're comfortable with each method
>>
print it copy it scan it if you want it genuine
>>
Create your work with PS, print it out, brush over your work with a toothbrush or smth similar, scan it with 300dpi. Done
>>
In photoshop you can get this look by changing the photo to blackand white, and the altering the levels (contrast, etc). You can also achieve this look in a more defined way and in one step by doing a black and white image trace in illustrator. It is less gritty but is easier to manipulate in ways like changing the color.
>>
Ayy career suicide, I love that band.
>>
the images are made using the photocopy/stamp effect in photoshop

>image-adjustments-threshold
is a good place to start from too
>>
File: image.jpg (4 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4 MB, 3264x2448
>>248585
I made this after peeping this thread, any comments?
>>
Print it out.
Photocopy it.
Done.
>>
>>250591
why are you making a picture of your screen? you're on the section for graphic design and you're taking pictures of your screen!
>>
>>250591
>GiMP
Mah nigga
>>
File: image.png (778 KB, 595x842) Image search: [Google]
image.png
778 KB, 595x842
>>250910
I am lazier than you could ever believe, have a couple others if anyone wants to critique/condemn
>>
>>251044
needs more threshold use if you actually want it to look scanned 1000 times over
>>
>>251044
>lazier than you could ever believe
hory shrek, it's more work to take a picture of your screen than to take a screenshot

You're on the right track using the threshold-adjustment…
for the "scanned" look:
USE A FUCKING SCANNER.

Trust me on this one, I've tried to recreate an 'authentic look' soooooooooooo many times, and the best way (the only way) is to do it the authentic way.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.