[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
material design mockup workflow
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
I'm the CTO of a new app-dev startup and need to make some prototypes for which I need pixel-perfect mockup screens (android)

I already have a couple of psd kits that have most, if not all, material design elements. While I have decent graphical desgn experience, my workflow speed really sucks and creating a mockup screen of average complexity takes more than an hour, sometimes 2.

is that normal?
how do you guys do it? any workflow tips to make things faster?
our prototypes need a decent screen amount to show all features - which is a problem, since we're also rapid-prototyping at the moment and I really have other stuff to do than doing graphical design all day.

(we can't afford to hire a graphical designer at this point in time)

also - how do you check for correct material design?
is there some type of "checklist"?

I've also looked into mockup tools (like 'Mockplus' but all of them seem unsatisfactory - is there something better out there?

thanks guys
>>
File: Material Design.gif (1001 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Material Design.gif
1001 KB, 800x600
>I'm the CTO of a new app-dev startup
Interesting. Would like to hear about your projects.
>my workflow speed really sucks/is that
normal?
/gd/ is time consuming. The more time you spend, the more you can create, but also loose your focus or miss a deadline.
>how do you guys do it?
Plan ahead, sketch, find inspiration on the internet (google, pinterest, magazines...)
>any workflow tips to make things faster?
Use/buy a UI kit, like those on graphicburger.

>and I really have other stuff to do than doing graphical design all day.
>(we can't afford to hire a graphical designer at this point in time)
Well, there's your problem.webm
>is there some type of "checklist"?
google introduction to material design
microsoft Design UWP apps
>mockup tools - is there something better out there?
Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, After effects.
>>
>>248286
thanks a lot

>Interesting. Would like to hear about your projects.
I can't tell you anything at the moment - sorry. But I'm sure you'll stumble over it once it's released. Sorry.

>Use/buy a UI kit, like those on graphicburger.

interesting, I've stumbled over the 'Vonn Material Design Mobile UI Kit' which also offers a 'Freebie' version for personal use that I downloaded to test whether or not it's the right thing for me.

http://graphicburger.com/vonn-material-design-ui-kit-free-sample/

It claims to be "drag and drop" but I'm not really sure what they mean by this.

I've opened the psd in CS5 (I know it's old, but that's the one I have a licence for) and it seems every screen is simply a solid layer (basically screenshots).
How do I "drag&drop" this?

other psd kits are layered into different UI elements and that's fine (but a lot of work nonetheless). I hoped that whatever ist meant by "drag&drop" would be faster than rearranging everything by hand.

>google introduction to material design
microsoft Design UWP apps

thx, found it.
very specific guidelines ... holy shit.
I can't be bothered to make it that perfect for the prototypes - not enough time.
When main development starts I need to find some graphical-designer/UX guy to hire for this it seems.

>>mockup tools - is there something better out there?
>Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, After effects.
yeah, I hoped for something "faster" and more use-case specific
>>
I'm basically looking for something like NinjaMock.com but with actual material design elements (hopefully resulting in pixel perfect mockups or only need slight tweaking in photoshop)
>>
>>248319
like this?
https://www.uxpin.com/examples.html
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.