[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
rate my OC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: O05kYUB.png (152 KB, 1100x1366) Image search: [Google]
O05kYUB.png
152 KB, 1100x1366
This is my OC : Lord Vlad
I use Gimp. I make that by making paths to draw the lines and filling the places in black white or grey.
I work from another image because I suck at drawing, although it can be a line art that someone made for me.

Any Idea how I could improve my work ? Make it faster ?

Any comment on the character, while you're at it ?
>>
Not /gd/
>>
>>248293
Yes it is /gd/, the main question being about how to use gimp to make it faster and better from another picture/drawing/line art.

Rating the OC is actually secondary.
>>
>>248295
He's right though, this isn't /gd/.

/ic/ is more appropriate seeing how you're trying to do something more akin to digital drawing.

That being said, a surefire way to get faster is to get better and practice more.

Since you can't draw, and it doesn't seem like you want to learn, you could try printing out the photo, and tracing it. Scan it and clean up the lines.
Either way you're not really going to get faster using another method.
Just learn to draw.
>>
>>248305
It's more that I can't draw, I have no tablet or anything... drawing with a touchpad is not posible, or it's not the same kind of drawing, so it doesn't change anything.

If it's for paper drawing, someone does this for me.

What do you mean by cleaning up the lines ?
>>
>>248324
>What do you mean by cleaning up the lines?
If you scan it in, just clean up the lines with some levels adjustments.
If you drew it clean enough you could be able to fill the areas with black or white like you do.
Not having a tablet doesn't really excuse you from not trying other options. Try different methods and see what works best while still being fast.
If anything, the more time you spend getting something good looking done, the better they usually turn out. It might be a piece of shit, but at least it would probably look like the work was put into it.

Again,
just try tracing and scanning it in. It's probably leagues faster than what you're doing if you're good enough at tracing.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.