[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this doable in Photoshop?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: lattice.png (160 KB, 1589x905) Image search: [Google]
lattice.png
160 KB, 1589x905
I'm trying to create a lattice-type design in Photoshop. This is a crude mockup I did with the brush tool--ideally, I'd like the ability to move the vertices around on the fly and see the shape change in response, as well as the ability to fill the space within with different colors. I've tried using the pen tool to do this, but it doesn't seem to let me interconnect shapes (as in, once I close a square, I can't branch off one of its vertices without creating an entirely new, unrelated shape).

Should I tackle this in Illustrator? Is this even doable? Thanks for the help in advance, lads.
>>
>>248134
Sounds like the perfect job for a vector program, not photoshop.
>>
>>248134

Yeah it would be a lot easier to tackle this in illustrator, if you want advanced effects on it that you can't do in illustrator, just do file > place and import the illustrator file into photoshop later.

This way you can open up the file through photoshop, which opens illustrator for editing, then it will update the shape in your photoshop file instantly.

All the Adobe programs play well with each other, there are ways to combine them that let you do way more things.

Also: I'd advise doing separate shapes for the planes, like you were before. The direct selection tool (White Arrow) lets you select anchor points, not shapes. This lets you draw a marquee around a bundle of them (where 4 planes intersect for instance) and it will move them all, and the lines would adjust accordingly.
Also this lets you align them to each other, making them snap to exactly the same position as each other with 1 button
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.