[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Working on a logo concept
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
I'm working on a concept for a contest. It is a logo + visual identity for a museum which houses a bronze sculpture of Apoxyomenos, one of the most preserved sculptures of that type.

It was made in Ancient Greece, mostly bronze and copper, it presents a greek athlete scrubbing the dirt and oil from himself with a tool.

I am having trouble coming up with a concept because of how boring the sculpure actually is. It is the main exhibit, and the only thing that is actually interesting is that the Croatian islands on which the museum is located at have some connection to Greece through the story of Jason and the Argonauts.

tl;dr
FML, stuck with a logo concept, how to get unstuck.
>>
>>247718
>Look at the Whitney Museum of America website
>Looks like it was spawned from the ashes of Vignelli
>Look at the Louvre Museum Website
>Looks like an intern made it 8 years ago and it hasn't been updated since then
>Apoxyomenos is an athlete
>OP's logo looks nothing like a Vignelli piece, doesn't bring any french design to the table, or look athletic
Learn to research better OP.
Google: massimo vignelli logos and athletic logos.
That should get your off the ground.
>>
Yeah forgot to ntion that the whitney museum is horibble,also tate and louvre. It was not my intentiontoimply thatthe whitney logois good. but it was late in the evening and I can't post my own design because of NDA.

thatnks for the tip, will look into it.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.