[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Illustrator Question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: no_intersect.png (45 KB, 1552x1360) Image search: [Google]
no_intersect.png
45 KB, 1552x1360
How can I make a circle that will intersect with two anchor points?

Pic related. As you can see, zoomed out it looks like this circle is a pretty close match; when you zoom in on the anchor points it should intersect, however, you can tell it isn't quite there. How do I line this up just right? The exact size isn't important, what is important is that it intersect both points.
>>
File: no_intersect.png (45 KB, 1552x1360) Image search: [Google]
no_intersect.png
45 KB, 1552x1360
>>247193
Oops, messed up my own picture. Here's the leftmost point it should actually intersect.
>>
>>247194
enable smart guides and use the direct selection tool on the point to move it around. or try with the snap to grid/snap to point feature.
>>
File: pt_34~2.jpg (4 KB, 149x92) Image search: [Google]
pt_34~2.jpg
4 KB, 149x92
Try playing with the Align Stroke settings.
>>
Maybe add anchors to the circle where you want to snap the other shape?
>>
>>247193
Use the line tool between the 2 points
Find out how long your line is
Set the diameter of your circle to that
Turn smartguides on
Bing bang boom, it should snap into place
>>
connect it to one point and expand it until it connects to the other one?
>>
Pathfinder...
>>
>>247193
use the snippity snappity snap functions in Inkscape
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.