[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fountain pens
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: S_8_Stift_ger.jpg (42 KB, 1000x275) Image search: [Google]
S_8_Stift_ger.jpg
42 KB, 1000x275
Hello. I'm trying to find a really nice fountain pen for a writer/calligrapher of moon runes. She likes fountain pens. Budget is $75 (US) unless some anon can make a case for a $100 pen.

Any ideas? This isn't my realm of expertise so I don't know where to begin or what to look for.

Thanks in advance!
>>
Bump for interest. I'm looking for a gift as well.
>>
>>247051
I was actually looking for one yesterday.
Entry level are cheap, but it depends which type you want.
Do you want cartridge refill or piston refill?
If you want to feel cool and old school showing off refilling with ink go for the piston refill.

This will show you how systems work.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNSOyoGlfug

OHTO Dude Fountain Pen, Black (FF-15DD-Black) is $15.75 on Amzon.

Pilot Metropolitan Collection Fountain Pen, Black Barrel, Classic Design, Medium Nib, Black Ink (91107) is $14.66 on Amzon.

But no matter what pen you get, makesure to get the best ink
Mont Blanc Ink Bottle, Mystery Black (105190) 60ml $15~$20 depending where you get it.

Look on Jetpens.com as well.

GL Anon,[spoiler] is she kawaii uguu?[/spoiler]
>>
>>247073
Thanks anon. She already has a Lamy safari but she's getting more serious with her calligraphy.

> is she kawaii uguu?
Yes
>>
File: Frog.jpg (327 KB, 1600x1202) Image search: [Google]
Frog.jpg
327 KB, 1600x1202
>>247051
How about a glass floral frog to hold her pens? Useful, pretty and inexpensive. Under $20 on eBay. Or under $10 in a thrift store.
>>
>>247084
dont buy this anon, if anything buy a pen case/bag, something that doesn't look cheap AF or like something a 10year old would gift someone
>>
>Calligraphy
Have you considered getting her a brush pen? You might also want to try flex fountain pens.
>>
File: 3836713946_e7d58587d9[1].jpg (82 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
3836713946_e7d58587d9[1].jpg
82 KB, 500x375
A parallel pen maybe?
>>
File: part-010.jpg (34 KB, 500x582) Image search: [Google]
part-010.jpg
34 KB, 500x582
This should be fine
>>
>>247229
I find the parallel pens really fun to use (and just interesting in general). They bleed all over the place but it's a nice gimmicky pen to have. That probably makes them a pretty good gift actually, one of those things you think about buying but don't own unless somoene gives you one.

>(Fringe benefit; very cheap)
>>
>>247314

Broad tipped pens like parallel pens and Copic markers don't bleed that much if you use the right paper (which can be expensive, I only know of the paper they sell at my craft shop nearby, but I am sure there are way cheaper alternatives) because normal paper soaks up the ink like crazy. I wouldn't advice using regular paper, just because your ink will run out way too fast and you get better results with special paper.
>>
>>247080
I'd recommend the TWISBI if stepping up from a Lamy. Broad nib for calligraphy.
http://www.gouletpens.com/twsbi-diamond-580-fountain-pen-clear-broad/p/TW-M7443140
>>
>>247314
True, OP did mention they're a calligrapher so that's kinda a non-issue since they will have all the right stuff already. Put that down to my poor / lazy hobbyist perspective.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.