[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Contemporary Design
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: contemporary design.jpg (226 KB, 782x909) Image search: [Google]
contemporary design.jpg
226 KB, 782x909
Question about Contemporary Design.

Is this actually GOOD design or is it just a fad?

I mean its okay, everyone does it, it seems to be the quality-standard, people like it because it looks hip and young, but I think it kinda lacks soul in the sense its sterile, its the same throughout/everyone is on the bandwagon doing pretty much the same.

I have the feeling when people look back on it in a decade or two they will think about some stereotype(some person in a loft sitting at an apple computer wearing big rimmed glasses, atleast thats the picture I get) and say to themselfs "Oh, this again, its the same as the countless other designs, but back in the day everyone was all about it and we thought it looked great"

Which gets me conflicted because I dont want to be one of the countless meme-designers in the future but people at the moment really like that shit.
>>
>>246637

And I didnt particularly meant that picture(before someone rambles about the picture in my opening post) but the state of todays design in general.
>>
>>246637
You need to be more specific because contemporary design has existed about as long as design has, like since Bauhaus.
>>
>>246639

Its hard to define it since you cant just put it into neat categories and its probably "too soon"

In two decades or more it will be just called something or just "typical 2010design" and everyone gets it. When I say 50s or 60s design everyone knows what I am talking about.
>>
>>246640
well regardless, you should grow with the industry and respond accordingly.
>>
there is no doubt that it represents the archetypal motivation of mid-level first world society. efficiency, succinctness, results-oriented. every era of design seems to reflect the goals of society. in the budding digital age it was all about the endless possibility of computers and tech. outside of the broader classification being the information age, this could definitely be called the green age

if you think you can identify another appealing archetype for the same demographics that complies with your style, you will likely be able to find the line between realist and idealist
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.