[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
poll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: logos-01.jpg (570 KB, 2785x1510) Image search: [Google]
logos-01.jpg
570 KB, 2785x1510
Hey to all who will reply me. I wanna make an opinion poll about a logo that i'm making for a new application (the subject obviously is about birds and bird sighting) i will be grateful for all your answers.
>>
>>245432
>Start a straw poll
I would go with the Rainbow or Yellow ploy birds; depending on the color and look of your competitors apps.

Also, grade A stuff there.
>>
>>245432
First or fifth options, they are killer
>>
love them all! Yellow is eye-grabing. Pink/Red will probably attract females most. The simplest is the black outline without rainbow letters and just blue. My favorite is the bottom left as it gives the impression of a colorful variety of birds and people. The bottom right is very beautiful and makes me think of visual arts. I would pick the bottom left because it feels like it could represent the variety of bird watchers and bird species as well as being a simple logo that anyone could draw.
>>
>>245432

is there a name for the style of the second and fifth?
>>
>>245510
low poly?
>>
>>245510
>>245512
This
>>
>>245512

great, thanks
>>
>>245432
Fifth is the most elegant but looks somewhat like an image editing software of sort.
Yellow pink rainbow are best wither way
>>
Bird is nice, font and name are shit
>>
>>245432

I like the yellow and rainbow the best-maybe you could adjust the yellow to look more like a canary or yellow finch in color? Going with the bird theme, anyway
>>
>>245517
This. Fifth is my favorite but definitely makes me think more of an image editing or maybe 3d modelling software. I'd say either the yellow or pink.
>>
>>245535
>>245517
add an eye to show that its about sighting
>>
>>245432
is that a drop shadow on the wordmark??
horrible typographic job anyway. try a more contemporary font and lose the line underneath.

as far as the bird goes: i like the watercolor version (could use some refinement on the outlines and needs feet) and the rainbow polygon version (also a few refinements: play with color shades to give the impression of depth).

i see potential here!
>>
5th
>>
>>245432
Change the damn font
Loose it or at least soften the damn drop shadow
>>
1 2 and 5
you should change the font and colors of those tho.
>>
>>245432

although it looks like a printing firm or color editing software it's nice. What's the application about? sighting? maybe eye+wings? landscape with wings? I dunno. If not there's also number 2 which I really like. It's still the same concept but you know it's BIRD and only bird because it's yellow (tweety and silvester)
>>
How about instead of voting on a shitty texture you fix the godawful type treatment
>>
>>246157
>godawful type treatment
Go home Anon, you're drunk.
>>
I think overall the branding on the bottom right has the most potential. Change the font and please PLEASE remove that line below "avista", if its important that it gets emphasized find another way, probably two colors taken from the opposites of the bird.

For the font i think a condensed / tall look would work. Either that or choose a lower case and thick font.
>>
>>245432
2 and 5 are the best ones.
>>
>>245432
These are nice, I agree with some of the others that the type is a bit dodgy, that full spectrum gradient under it is uuuuugly as hell and is going to make it very clunky to use in black and white / print, keep it versatile, even if it's an app.

The geometric ones are nicely done, I think I prefer the multicoloured one; however it's a bit too trendy and doesn't shout "bird watching" to me. It's a very pretty logo, but doesn't fit the best imo.

My final thought is the 4th (bottom left) but lose the gradient and take out that central yellow line. It's distracting and it would look much sleeker as a silhouette. Maybe change the green line to the yellow you've now gotten rid of?
>>
5th is some good shit
>>
>>245432
- the font is not only horrible, it is also hard to read on an interface where the logo would be small
Now on to the logos:
1.-too artsy for a logo, I would try a more simple approach since the detailing isn't visible on a smaller scare
2. - the best of all 5. It's kind of a chilcé technique, but it's okay. Aim for a bit darker shade (or other color, just not blue to look too similat to the twitter logo), bigger contrast, maybe the triangles should also be a bit bigger
3. - nope
4. - second runner up, but 2. is better
5. - too many colors, makes the shape look bad

All in all I would say 2. Also, a good exercise is to try if it works in black & white, ans also if the text will appear under the logo in every case, scale it down to maybe 200x200 px and pick a text that works on that scale.
>>
>>247465
Also, if it's about sighting, instead of just a bird maybe include a set of binoculars and play around with negative space. Like create a frame for the bird that's a binocular's "perspective", the two circles, if you know what I mean.
>>
File: 1448941032764.jpg (480 KB, 2785x1510) Image search: [Google]
1448941032764.jpg
480 KB, 2785x1510
>>
>>245432
Rainbow with less colors
>>
Change the typeface, and lose the fucking bar.

5 is decent enough, but try and simplify it, with less colors.

3 is shit, 1 and 2 are decent but not as decent as 5,

4 is also decent but needs something.
>>
>>245432
Great logo, really bad type
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.