[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Freelancing on the internet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: wallpaper.jpg (273 KB, 2134x1200) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper.jpg
273 KB, 2134x1200
I've got some pretty shitty social skills so I'd like to freelance online exclusively. How did you find your online clientele? Are there many people here who do that, or do you guys just go out and network to find work? Feel free to post your opinions on the matter.
>>
File: wider.jpg (662 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
wider.jpg
662 KB, 2560x1440
>>244608
less shitty version of the wallpaper
>>
>>244608
>>244687
The gradients ruin the images
>>
>>244608
I disagree
>>
>>244693
I agree.
>>
>>244608
Freelancing takes far more social skills than working for a company.
>>
>>244687
you mean a more minimalist and slightly less stylistic, shittier version
>>
>>244608
if that's your work, you should stop following abduzeedo tutorials and start producing your own shit.
>>
>>244779
isn't minimalism in these days? i'd rather have something simple that looks kind of decent than a cluttered mess of retro swirls
>>
>>244820
Funny you mentioned that site, I used to really like it back in the day. But no, I didn't follow any tutorials while making the wallpaper.

I'll admit, the image isn't great at all, maybe I'll have a go at creating a more complex one.
>>
>>244824
http://abduzeedo.com/files/originals/s/swirls_tut.jpg
sure looks like the tutorial.
>>
>>244826
i guess swirls are just really common.

anyway, it's actually from here
>>
>>244608
figure this is the place to ask,
is it worth going into graphic design if you have no social skills?
>>
>>244877
I'm starting to think you'll never be successful at anything in life if you don't have some social skills
>>
try starting a shop on etsy, my sister started one while in college (graphic design major) and just had to quit her day job to focus on her etsy shop, she designs wedding stationary and logos
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.