[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone experience with 2d software/animation? >pic related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: synfig.png (142 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
synfig.png
142 KB, 512x512
Has anyone experience with 2d software/animation?

>pic related
>>
>>244541
>Pic related
>Pic shit
Yes OP, /gd//gd/ here. What seems to be the problem.
>>
Do you need it animated in a software ( program/app ) or just to make it animated as a video ?

If you need it for a software need more info with what you work on if it's just video try adobe after effects
>>
After Effects for pretty much any hardcore stuff
Flash for traditional animation
>>
>>244541
Been using Flash for the past few years, as long as you're working with vectors and tweening objects around, it'll be pretty good.

It's a simple program once you know what all the buttons do.
>>
>>244574
At what point would one need to switch from Flash to After Effects? I'm making a demo reel and I learned the basics of After Effects, but I still find myself working in Flash 99% of the time.
Would it be for stuff like lens flares?
>>
>>244715
After Effects is infinitely more powerful than Flash:
• There are practically no hard limits in anything and it's way more responsive.
• You can bind objects to other objects and properties. It is easy to set up a complex object, like one thats width is twice the x position of another object times the y + rotation of another one.
• All objects are equal. You can apply all effects and all properties to -anything-, be it vectors, videos, text, images, 3D objects...
• You can manipulate -anything- over time. It's been years since I've used Flash but as far as I remember, your only tweenables in Flash are position, scale, rotation, image effects (alpha, tint, etc) and shape.

The only true advantage Flash has is that it's easier to work with vector-only stuff, and you can add in interactivity. After Effects makes it more convoluted to access the vector data and you can ONLY export video files (or images duh) from AE.
>>
>tfw I animate in Photoshop
>tfw it works great and I have no problems with it
>>
>>244792
Then you're obviously not doing any serious animation work
>>
>>244795
Maybe you just need to git good, bro.
>>
File: e.gif (392 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
e.gif
392 KB, 500x500
>>244796
I refuse to believe anyone can make nearly as fluid animations as AE/Flash with Photoshop.

You can prove me wrong by posting some of these fabled Photoshop animations, though.
>>
File: tysonsides.gif (2 MB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
tysonsides.gif
2 MB, 300x168
>>244715
>Would it be for stuff like lens flares?
>>
>>244850
I wonder how this was made.
Is there a separate layer for each colour, with a tiny bit of delay on each + a black layer (to which the rest is delayed in comparison)?
>>
>>244541
Hi OP, I don't lurk /gd/ at all but instantly recognized Synfig's logo.

There's a massive gap in free software in terms of 2D animation software. Synfig tries to fill that gap but falls over because of terrible UX. You might want to keep an eye on Krita's developing animation capabilities though: https://krita.org/item/krita-2-9-animation-edition-beta-released/

I had tinker with it after it came out. Much more traditional and way friendlier than Synfig.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.