[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Read the faq and searched catalog for a critique general, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7
File: red_prince_logo_large.png (570 KB, 3015x2145) Image search: [Google]
red_prince_logo_large.png
570 KB, 3015x2145
Read the faq and searched catalog for a critique general, but couldn't find one.

I'm starting a business and I'm playing around with some design ideas for my logo or letter head.

Three colours I'm using is a light maroon, white and black. I'd like the design to work on white or black backgrounds, but I also want to have the capability to add it to other coloured backgrounds using a rectangular box.

The font is Cardiff by Roger White and is allegedly inspired by Times New Roman. I looked at them closely side by side and there does seem to be a difference. I've played with other fonts but I they don't offer the same impact/elegance as serif. I tried a medieval calligraphy font, but it made the logo less recognizable.

I played with some other colours, but it doesn't make much sense for the red prince to use anything but red (but I added them in anyway). I'm using a lighter shade of maroon that contrasts black, but also looks good on white background. I've noticed that the red horse on black background doesn't help the outline of the image, so I've left it mostly the other way around.

Any critique is much appreciated.
>>
Always helps to know more about the business itself before critiquing
>>
>>244308

It's a software development company that is currently working on android/iphone apps. Looking to expand to PC indi games in the future.
>>
The font is too sharp for a software company. Find something more minimalistic.
>>
>>244311

Any suggestions?
>>
It's a knight, not a prince. Get a crown or something on the guy.
>>
File: red_prince_font.png (556 KB, 3040x2163) Image search: [Google]
red_prince_font.png
556 KB, 3040x2163
>>244311

I've played with some different fonts here.

I'm pretty happy with 2, but it isn't quite right.

I like 7 as well, except the S at the end.
>>
>>244336
What fonts did you use?
>>
>>244339

1. Cardiff
2. Franklin Gothic Heavy
2.1 Segoe UI
3. Lucidia Sans Unicode
3.1 Trebuchet
4. Livingstone
5. Morris Roman
6. Two Cen MT
7. Berlin Sans FB Demi
>>
>>244342
Try cooperplate gothic, and the solution might be two fonts at once.
>>
File: red_prince_logo_final.png (192 KB, 2142x3030) Image search: [Google]
red_prince_logo_final.png
192 KB, 2142x3030
>>244354

Here is the final version.

Everyone, thank you for your input.
>>
>>244354
>>244422
Fuck yeah, Copperplate for the win! Woo woo!
>>
>>244423
Oh no. I'm sorry OP, I have to be the one to come out of lurking to let you know that Copperplate Gothic is in Comic Sans territory. You've been duped, buddy. As a general rule, try not to use typefaces that are Microsoft office defaults.

I'd suggest something that actually fits the game and software development aesthetic, like Proximate Nova, or Museo.
>>
>>244479
>Proximate Nova
>Museo
>Any sans
>For a medieval themed logo

Are you high, or just stupid?
>>
Reminds me exactly of warhorse studios from Czech rep
>>
File: 23 Enigma.png (431 KB, 1583x779) Image search: [Google]
23 Enigma.png
431 KB, 1583x779
I'm going to piggyback off this thread and ask for some comments and criticism on the attached website (I am designing it for a friend/local business). All thoughts are appreciated.
>>
>>244307
The name is probably set in stone but I personally wouldn't company something that limits it to RPGs.
>>
>>244583
>Words go left to right
>But you set the paragraph to go right to left
What the actual fuck...
>>
File: 1438944741661.png (2 MB, 1250x1840) Image search: [Google]
1438944741661.png
2 MB, 1250x1840
>>244479

I have a masters in communications. I didn't follow the advice blindly.

Copperplate gothic is a good font for signage.

I looked at your suggestions. I like proximate Nova, but i don't think it fits well with my theme. I didn't like the look of museo.

>>244594

The name ending up as the acronym RPG was a coincidence. I don't intend to develop rpgs at this moment, but it's something I'd like to do in the future.

The name of the company is from my parents surnames Roth and Prince. Roth is an old form of red in german - so it became Red Prince to honor my parents.

>>244507

I used an image of a templar as the base for my 'Prince'. I was thinking of Richard the lion heart who participated in the crusades.

Warhorse studios also uses a templar where the similarity may stem from.

I actually want to use a medieval style font, but they are hard to read for most people.

I find the gothic style fonts remind me of early printing press fonts, which give them a sense of history.
>>
File: EyeriesBistro.png (3 MB, 1903x938) Image search: [Google]
EyeriesBistro.png
3 MB, 1903x938
Design for the front page of a local restaurant..I'm ok at the web development side of things but I'm not sure how it looks..any good?
>>
File: Shellfishlogocomplete4.png (503 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Shellfishlogocomplete4.png
503 KB, 1920x1080
>>245542
Also trying my hand at logo design...very very new to this but here's my first try at a logo for a fish company..any tips on how to improve?
>>
Your outline doesent lend itself to signs stationary or fabric's the colours are cool though have a good look at font sets oldschool or new stuff itl make a massive difference try something simple like a square behind it at 45 degrees. Just have fun!!
>>
>>245542

That is some singularly unappetizing food photography. You're probably better off posting pictures of the interior until you can get some professional pics of the food.

I always appreciate it when restaurants have their hours and location above the fold on the front page.
>>
>>245577
>>245542

PS: In that background pic of the bistro, the sign says closed. Definitely not the message you want to communicate on a website.
>>
>>245543
The letters look like they were drawn with a mouse. try using a font.
>>
>>245577
ya I do plan on changing the pictures there before the site goes live, they were the only clear high res pictures they had on hand though..appreciate the help though thanks.

>>245578
Did not spot that, thank you very much. Is the background ok aside from that though?

>>245592
They were, and in the day since posting that I've learned at least a little about how retarded I was yesterday..cheers though
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.