[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /gd/ I have to do a group business plan for Uni and I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: PrecisionUAVBlue.png (13 KB, 278x181) Image search: [Google]
PrecisionUAVBlue.png
13 KB, 278x181
Hi /gd/

I have to do a group business plan for Uni and I've been tasked with creating a logo for our fictional company. I made this in photoshop and it's complete shit. Can anyone give me some tips on how to improve it and not look like I made it in MS Paint? I have an extremely limited understanding of photoshop but I'm fairly decent at learning things like this. Also, pls no bully over the logo, I know it's awful.
>>
>>244025
I would start by making it all caps. A change in font would be nice. The color seems a bit off also.
>>
>>244025
also, find a way to make the viewer notice both the logo and the name
>>
>>244025
holy shit, I forgot, USE ILLUSTRATOR
>>
>>244032
>>244033
>>244034
Thanks for the advice. I don't have Illustrator but I'll download it right now. Is there a font that you would recommend?
>>
>>244035
You know if you told us what kind of fictional business you're making this for, we might be able to help you better.
>>
>>244054
It's a drone services company. Basically, businesses pay us to use our drones to take photos/videos, analyze crop growth on farms, and survey land.
>>
File: PrecisionUAV2.png (96 KB, 953x519) Image search: [Google]
PrecisionUAV2.png
96 KB, 953x519
I had another go at it this morning except I used Illustrator instead. Any tips for improvement?
>>
File: PrecisionUAV2CAPS.png (112 KB, 1378x519) Image search: [Google]
PrecisionUAV2CAPS.png
112 KB, 1378x519
All caps version.
>>
>>244025
I think you were closer to the right idea with the first go. It just needed to be cleaned up. I liked the idea of all caps. Maybe chang the color to white or off white with a darker blue outline. Think "blueprint" colors. Don't use a rounded font. The word PRECISION is sharp, direct and to the point. Consider an image that symbolizes focus or a target of some kind.
>>
>>244083
>>244087
These look way to militaristic.
>>
File: version 7.png (16 KB, 1124x572) Image search: [Google]
version 7.png
16 KB, 1124x572
>>244025
Here you go OP. I'll be the first to admit I'm not fantastic at GD, I really just stay here to soak up the artistic talent. Here's my attempt:
>>
>>244167
The A is an arrow denoting upward motion of drones. And the flag is an indication of speed and wind direction which drones kick up. The colours are meant to be eye catching also
>>
>>244167
Hats off
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.