[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worth?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: wacom_one.jpg (5 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
wacom_one.jpg
5 KB, 275x183
Im total noob in graphic tablet drawing is Wacom One at least decent?
Im not good at any drawing i have some Photoshop experience.
This tablet will be only some attempt on new hobby/something to kill time with.
>>
>>242881
I've made better experiences drawing my shit on paper, scanning it in and redrawing it with AI.

It might work for you, but it didn't for me.
>>
>>242881
If you're not very good at drawing you should start by drawing with pen and paper. A tablet wont help things.
>>
>>242901
As said, it won't turn you into a good drawer, OP.
Using Pencil and Paper will.

But still get it. Photoshopping gets easier with it.
>>
From my personal perspective a tablet is for enthusiasts. It's for people who feel limited on the computer when they're creating art. Not something to "kill time with".
You'll get bored by the fact that you won't be able to do anything interesting with it and it'll start collecting dust.

>>242902
Depends what he uses photoshop for. I'm a cartoonist/designer and I only use my tablet when I'm drawing cartoons.
I still design with the mouse.
>>
File: 55346-2500-2ww-m.jpg (35 KB, 300x267) Image search: [Google]
55346-2500-2ww-m.jpg
35 KB, 300x267
Hey OP here. So its basicly bad idea to start drawing on tablet, im always frustated about earasing things and redoing it, my tough was that i can draw a line i dont like it ctr+z also i can set a layer in Photoshop and draw on it whats pretty hard on paper without this light table or how it calls.
>>
>>242881
I have that exact tablet. It's good! Learn to draw on paper first though.
>>
>>242904
It's great for Postproduction and Photo Retouching. I also use mine for working all the time, because its more ergonomic than a mouse and easier on my tendons
>>
>>242973
You will end up shooting yourself. I rarely draw on my tablet. At most, I paint, or sketch something on a shot to plan cgi, so that I don't have to print out a frame and draw on it.

Paper is paper. Real niggas draw on paper.
>>
low-end wacoms aren't very good, especially if you intend to develop hand-eye coordination using them. there's too much lag, inaccuracy, weird pressure sensitivity, and the working area is insanely small.

check out the Huion H610 pro tablet. same price, 4 times the drawing area, far better response, accuracy, pressure. the software is nowhere near as polished, but that's the tradeoff for superior hardware without added cost.

install the drivers BEFORE you plug in the tablet and it'll be trouble-free.
>>
i use one, it´s good. serves the purpose
>>
>>242973
Thats what artists go through when they sketch. They dont erase the wrong line, but simply draw another line over it. For me, i will leave it hoping it might give me some new ideas
>>
so it's O-kay for sketching huh do I get that right ?
for simple blueprints to work with later on for example ?
I work a lot with 3d and often think that it would be handy as fuck to just have a tablet for sketching on me all the time whenever an idea comes to mind
>>
>>242881
i just bought a ptk640 wacom off ebay, it is definitely worth it. don't listen to these retards you will learn just fine with it.
>>
>>243643
I concur with this statement.
I've been an artist (self taught) for 18 years and I rarely use anything but pen/paper as my medium. If I fuck up, I just go with the flow.

However; if I want something professionally done I would begin with pencil and make it perfect, scan it in and go over it again.
>>
>>242881
I picked up a bamboo when I was starting, but honestly I rarely use it anymore since I spend most of my time in Illustrator.
>>
>>242881
That's a good tablet, nothing wrong with it except the cable port is weirdly shallow and I'd had it for a year when it stopped working because the cable wouldn't stay put. Especially annoying as it is a proprietary cable and should have been built into the tablet in the first place. It was cheaper when I bought it but it gives a really good sensation of actually drawing and I got the hang of it instantly, works even better with a sheet of paper over the drawing surface.
>>
pretty good tablet. is kinda small but still handles well. i prefer it over the mouse when drawing in photoshop, especially for detail.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.