[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I made a website
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /gd/ - Graphic Design

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
This is my portfolio website, what do you guys think? http://mmbotelho.com/
>>
>>242533
It's confusing and artsy (in the worst sense).

IMO a portfolio website should first and foremost communicate the work that it presents. Only after that it could become a work in itself. Otherwise it will just be an exercise and style without really being connected with what it's presenting. In this particular case I'd say it fails in both fronts, style-wise it kinda looks dated, adobe flash old.

You also have some text wrapping issues.
>>
File: iseewhatyoudidthere.jpg (371 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
iseewhatyoudidthere.jpg
371 KB, 1200x800
>>242533

So you're riding that dutch bandwagon of designers pushing it through overlapping features, memorabilia styles and off-the-grid design, uh?

I kinda like it although the zero-responsive attitude. I confess I'm pro-responsive at any cost.

The only hitch I encountered is about navigating through projects when inside one (eg from pistolshrimp to pi). Seems easier to add steps inbetween: home - pistolshrimp - home - pi. Every click is gold these times.

Good job anon.
>>
Quite like it, but it's more adapted to fine art than communication design. If I was a employer I would be a bit doubtful, especially since your projects aren't that strong or interesting desu.

>>242552
>adobe flash old.
Im pretty sure that's the point mang
>>
>>242559
>adobe flash old
www.werkplaatstypografie.org (that >>242533
tries do emulate) is a different level of so-bad-it's-good-and-back-to-bad-again, mostly because it doesn't look like flash, just old html.

There's a fine balance between something that looks like someone didn't give a rats ass and just made it that way and someone that tries to look like they didn't give a rats ass and just made it that way. This is the later.

Now, if we're talking about that Pi thingy, I can appreciate the not giving a rats ass of that one.
>>
/g/ here

Don't make mobile websites, they're always fail. Use viewwidth and viewheight (https://developers.google.com/web/fundamentals/design-and-ui/responsive/fundamentals/set-the-viewport?hl=en) instead and design your website so it looks good when you resize your browser really thin. I can't even see your regular website, even after requesting the desktop version, that's bad.

Also, I don't know what you're doing with the backend/frontend scripts, but it takes forever to load and is not responsive in the slightest. IMO these things are more important than looks to the point I respect devs who take the time to write a node.js or a java/c# (or c++ if you're real pro) backends because they tend to create really responsive websites. There's a reason we hate PHP and its not just because WordPress kids copy paste it.
>>
>>242616
I would suggest to avoid backend scripting of any sort and to keep a static website. The portfolio only really needs to change whenever the OP wants to add a new project, and even if he was so inclined, a static CMS would be better.
Serving times will be faster when static and has the advantage that he can host his site on github pages. Another thing that may affect loading times would be file sizes, order of file loading and whatnot. There really shouldn't be a reason to have more than one embedded script and stylesheet.
>>
ES UMA PUTA MAGGIE
>>
geinige site pik.

but it isnt really a portfolio website, it should give a direct quick impression of you. and there is just a little info and you have to dig for it. make it more accesable for normies.
we might like it because we are/gd/ but normal people who would like to hire you don't.
>>
bagger

didn't expect someone to actually buy into the "obtuse = good" bullshit.
>>
File: wut.jpg (228 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
228 KB, 2560x1440
no idea what I'm looking at
>>
>>243126
ehheheh you are my worst case scenario user - big as fuck screen + firefox. I knew you were coming anon...
>>
2 edgy 4 me
>>
>>243685

If it doesn't work on one screen it doesn't work. Fix it.
>>
>>243685
they're not alone. I also am viewing your website from firefox on a large screen

your website is bad and you should feel bad
>>
>>243685
Out of curiosity, where does it work?
Safari, Chrome and Firefox all show the same screwed up text in large and small screens.
>>
>>243685
>what is max-width
>>
>>242533

I don't know whether I can just summarize it as confusing, or whether it's actually the most buggy, convoluted piece of shit I've ever seen online. It's morbidly curious how someone's been able to produce something this senseless, but I think the real interest should be on whatever you want to showcase in your portfolio.
>>
Looks like you stole a shit load of codepen designs.
>>
>>242533
Jesus fix all of those overlaping and stray lines.
>>
You know if I didn't blindly click at the center of the page I would have never figured out how to go back to the start page.
Also nice text alignment faggot.
>>
>>242533

i like it OP
its a bit artsy but since the design industry is all about self-dramatisation thats totally fine
>>
>>242533
>Mobile site being developed
>Not building your mobile framework first in a world of smartphones and tablets

Would not hire.
>Also bright blue on grey?
>wtf op
>>
>>244039
This
>>
>>242533
je doet te hard je best pik

http://bettermotherfuckingwebsite.com/

I wouldn't go and spend this much effort without being 100% sure it works on all devices
>>
>>242533
I like it a lot anon. I'm a fine artist and would take you seriously having seen such a site, maybe plebs would be put off.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.